Quantcast

Some Pics...

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
from walking the dog around the neighborhood this morning.

Sun coming up over the mountains

Sun is up

Sahuaro and ocotillo

Remember TV antennas?

Covered wagon

Sunrise on the mountain

Old tractor

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Trainwreck said:
Actually...

Yeah, it is always amazing to go back east and see all the greenery.
Is that a golf course?

It amazed me how many golf courses were on the drive up the highway to Lake Havasu.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Nice. So would you agree that the desert does strange things to people? I'm also living in a desert, but on the other side of the world, and man, people are fvcking nuts out here.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Wumpus said:
Is that a golf course?

It amazed me how many golf courses were on the drive up the highway to Lake Havasu.

View out the back of our condo/motel in Lake Havasu. That's the Colorado River in the background. The year before I went jogging out there and it was nothing but desert and some wild burros.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
The grass picture is one of several greenbelts/parks in the neighborhood. Most people do have grass in their backyard. It's a lot greener than the pictures would lead you to believe. And we did go 143 days without rainfall this winter so it's browner than usual.

I don't know about the desert doing strange things to people, it does make them damn short tempered in the summer months...

Most of our nutcases are flowovers from California :D

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Awesome pics!
Reminds me of Nate's Mom's neighborhood........fabulous place for walks in the morning............

The desert is such a beautiful place and pictures just never seem to do it justice..........you have to see it to believe it.

Can't wait to move out there.................6 more years and counting!

D