Quantcast

some picz from snowshoe 8/28

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Very cool. I must have just missed you guys. We were up there Tuesday night and left early Sat AM.

SnowShoe rocks

Pictures of that rock drop still dont do it justice. I felt quezy just standing on the edge (and then riding around)

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
that trail is alotta fun!!! flows very well..... that drop is alotta fun too. even though my wheel washed at the bottom and I am now on the injured list.....

going to the doc tomorrow morning to get x rays.... find out if it's broken or just sprained badly.....

pictures and video clips to come...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Nice! Too bad I cant ride in the race :(

Castle said:
that trail is alotta fun!!! flows very well..... that drop is alotta fun too. even though my wheel washed at the bottom and I am now on the injured list.....

going to the doc tomorrow morning to get x rays.... find out if it's broken or just sprained badly.....

Dude, Why do we always get hurt at the same time?

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
hey as for the "is there a trail leading into it now?" puestion that is completely valid because when him and i went there last there was no trial yet! it looked like they were making one be we were not sure.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Castle said:

You gotta respect that drop. Pics don't do it justice. I'm still stoved up from biffing it.

Sorry you're hurt too.

Mike

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Definitely one of the nicest weekends I've seen up there. A bit on the warm side, but I'm not complaining. I'm pretty sure I saw Mattoid and Castle up there. Also saw a guy from the Richmond Ruckus and a bunch of VT riders.

Sorry to hear about the injury, Castle. If it makes you feel any better, one of the guys I was riding with snapped his tib and fib on "G". Pretty nasty break, but he's doing okay.

Gotta commend Snowshoe bike patrol and mountain hosts for doing a hell of a job getting him off the trail. I'm pretty sure the guys from Dirt Rag even lent a hand, so thanks to everybody.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Hey, how big is that drop? It seems like it must be really sketchy or something but the pics definitely make it look easy.... what's the deal? Punji sticks? Alligator pit?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
DßR said:
Hey, how big is that drop? It seems like it must be really sketchy or something but the pics definitely make it look easy.... what's the deal? Punji sticks? Alligator pit?
looks smaller and less sketchy than the cough drop at wintergreen

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
DßR said:
This maybe better from someone that actually did it as apposed to me, that just stood there and looked at it but...

From the edge of the rock to the ground right below it, it is probably only 4' or so. However what the pictures take away is the steepness of the tranny and the blindness of the approach.

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
looks really smoove though.................
Unless that dirt is really sketchy...................

4' and blind kind like the drop park at Whistler!