Quantcast

Some possibly good N* news

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I know some folks were stressing about northstar not opening next year...

It pissed rain up here last night so I went and climbed up to the top of vista to enjoy the goods. They've built some new jumps off of that little Hawgs spur that parrallels sinuous. It's not more than a day or two's work with the machine's they've got but it seems like a waste if they're not planning on using it next year.

There's a neat road gap that is a geniune double......should keep the skidders off.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
kidwoo said:
They've built some new jumps off of that little Hawgs spur that parrallels sinuous. It's not more than a day or two's work with the machine's they've got but it seems like a waste if they're not planning on using it next year.
There's a neat road gap that is a geniune double......should keep the skidders off.
Wow, that sounds really cool in comparison to what they started this year. It doesn't make sense to me though, why didn't they do this during the year so people could enjoy it? Is it so they can say they are constantly improving the park? :D

Anyway, I'll see you up there next year. Maybe I can watch you do some X-Ups on the Intense over the road gap? :cool:

BTW, where is the road gap? What are the approximate dimensions?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
matt12 said:
Wow, that sounds really cool in comparison to what they started this year. It doesn't make sense to me though, why didn't they do this during the year so people could enjoy it? Is it so they can say they are constantly improving the park? :D
Probably. What have they ever done recently that makes sense? Uphill jumps etc........

matt12 said:
Anyway, I'll see you up there next year. Maybe I can watch you do some X-Ups on the Intense over the road gap? :cool:
You say that like it won't be happening. ;)

matt12 said:
BTW, where is the road gap? What are the approximate dimensions?
You know if you take sinuous or hawgs off the top there's a little road you cross shortly after. The jump is over that. Instead of hitting the table on hawgs and going hard left, you stay straight and hit a double over the road. They don't have a landing built yet. I didn't study it too closely but looks like about a 15-20 foot gap depeding on how they do the landing. The best part is that the takoff is about 7-8 feet tall. Should be a good jump if they don't fvck up some random detail like they usually do.

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
kidwoo said:
Probably. What have they ever done recently that makes sense? Uphill jumps etc........

You say that like it won't be happening. ;)

You know if you take sinuous or hawgs off the top there's a little road you cross shortly after. The jump is over that. Instead of hitting the table on hawgs and going hard left, you stay straight and hit a double over the road. They don't have a landing built yet. I didn't study it too closely but looks like about a 15-20 foot gap depeding on how they do the landing. The best part is that the takoff is about 7-8 feet tall. Should be a good jump if they don't fvck up some random detail like they usually do.
sounds cool. we'll see about that x-up ;) i know what you mean on those uphill jumps. do you think it's that much harder to place a jump at the bottom of a hill or on flat ground? :stupid:
should be interesting to see if they add any more stuff, maybe you could climb up there everyday and give a report for each one? :D
Thanks for the info. It's nice to know that the season pass I won won't go to waste.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
dfinn said:
what's your preferred route up?
Up the road to the top of the gondola/bottom of vista

up kickback singletrack then onto the thor's hammer road to the top of the echo lift

up pho dogg by the little wooden hip thing

then take the road going uphill on your left after the little manure pile entrance with the berm

Stay on the main road and it takes you all the way to the top of vista.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It would be cool to hotwire the lifts for some night runs sometime...:devil:

Sounds good for next year. It's easy to complain about the weird and stupid things they do up there but in light of rumors about permanent closure I'll be happy if it's the same old same old.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
kidwoo said:
Up the road to the top of the gondola/bottom of vista

up kickback singletrack then onto the thor's hammer road to the top of the echo lift

up pho dogg by the little wooden hip thing

then take the road going uphill on your left after the little manure pile entrance with the berm

Stay on the main road and it takes you all the way to the top of vista.
how long does this take you? sounds tiring...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
amydalayna said:
how long does this take you? sounds tiring...
Round trip is only like an hour so I'd say about 45 minutes. I've got a bike that's pretty comparable to your bullit with a front derailleur so it's not as bad as taking my 45lb beast up there. It was actually slower because the road/trails were kind of mushy. I bet it's a total mess after all this additional rain.

Anybody want to go build some pirate jumps up there?:D

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
kidwoo said:
Round trip is only like an hour so I'd say about 45 minutes. I've got a bike that's pretty comparable to your bullit with a front derailleur so it's not as bad as taking my 45lb beast up there. It was actually slower because the road/trails were kind of mushy. I bet it's a total mess after all this additional rain.

Anybody want to go build some pirate jumps up there?:D
Sounds pretty fun. And a 45 min climb isn't so bad. Sounded longer. Wouldn't mind doing that ride soon, but it's been raining pretty non-stop.... Could be kinda messy up there.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Dang sounds like we really lucked out on the weather last weekend!

That is a lot of work for one run, props, it's so easy to take the lifts for granted.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
I wouldn't be surprised if N* started putting some more work into the trails and the overall park. I heard the this year the bike part earned quite a bit more than the golf course (which the put a lot of money into). Hopefully that bodes well. Also, once the village is done there should be more $ available for spending.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
bomberboy11 said:
So tell me SBDHrida, does trail work involve cleaning up small ****s that 15 year olds take in the middle of singletrack on local trails??
what the hell are you talking about? is it just me or does anyone else know?

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
yeah i'm a little confused too. I'm guessing that he might be getting me confused with DHSBrider, or whatever that kid's name is. Please fill me in on whats going on.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Oh crap...

Well, I was dropping one of the local SB trails yesterday, and had to stop because that moron kid dhsbrider or whatever it is was taking a dump right in the middle of the perfect line....

Sorry for the confusion, I'll be sure never to mixmatch you with that moron again.

They got their justice though, they had to come down about 3 miles of rockgarden in pitch black with no lights on 4-5" travel bikes because they started the trail at sunset...I almost considered calling search and rescue - then I remembered that the twit took a dump right in my way.

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
dfinn said:
that answer makes more sense, I'll go with that.
Yes it does make more sense, but yes, there was a grom taking a dump in the middle of a rockgarden in my way with a very similar RM handle. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

SBDHrida

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
aMERica
bomberboy11 said:
Oh crap...

Well, I was dropping one of the local SB trails yesterday, and had to stop because that moron kid dhsbrider or whatever it is was taking a dump right in the middle of the perfect line....

Sorry for the confusion, I'll be sure never to mixmatch you with that moron again.

They got their justice though, they had to come down about 3 miles of rockgarden in pitch black with no lights on 4-5" travel bikes because they started the trail at sunset...I almost considered calling search and rescue - then I remembered that the twit took a dump right in my way.
No problem about the confusion. I wish I had known how close my name was to his when I chose it. Thats pretty messed up about the mid-trail dump. Thats a new one to me. He got what he deserved tho.