Quantcast

Some shots of our local trail in Kc today.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
We had a 15 degree day today, so took advantage of the cold to ride some trail for once. Winter has sucked in this part of town all season long. Just enough snow to melt and keep the trails muddy all winter long.

Me riding a 4 footer.

My buddy Shawn on same drop.

Shawn on a new roller we added last week

Me

Our buddy Chris riding the new log ride

Chris riding his 29er of a 2footer

Shawn and myself on the same drop.

All in all a great day of riding. Got kinda sketchy about 2pm but it was fun while it lasted!

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
freeze-thaw-freeze-thaw. I know how that sucks. I'm guessing around 2pm it started thawing again?

The guy on the bottlerocket doesn't like helmets or something?
Yep! It sucks! Every time I get a chance to ride it thaws out, and gets super muddy. Then it snows, and it's good for a day. Then it melts, and it's mud the rest of the week unless you get up at 6am to go ride.

He normally wears one. He thought we where going to ride the easy stuff today, since it was cold and decided not to wear a helmet. That's why he's wearing one on the smaller drop. I loaned him mine.:busted:

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
downhilling w/o a helmet??? what happened to darwin and natural selection?
That's just our xc trail. We don't have no Stinking DH in Kansas City!:disgust:

We drive 4 plus hours to Arkansas to get our DH fix around here! or more than 8 to Colorado!:shocked: And trust me. When we ride DH, he wears a Full Face, and full body armor. We gave him chit for not wearing his lid. He just thought we where going to take it easy, and do laps on the wimpy stuff yesterday since we hadn't ridden in a month.

To hell with that! I wanted to hit some stuff! I've been on lock down all winter, thanks to this weather!

sperkins

Monkey
Feb 26, 2008
Looks like fun! Its great that you go out when it is 15 degrees!!! I wish I was that dedicated. :)