Quantcast

Some things are just a bad idea...

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
that would be perfect for running your dog into a tree on single track trails.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
pnj said:
that would be perfect for running your dog into a tree on single track trails.
thats EXACTLY what I said. And also, what happens to the Dog if I crash?

J

JRB

Hang on mutt, I'm gonna hit a big ass drop that'll likely rip your head off. Just pay attention boy. :rolleyes: Me thinks they have a different view of mountain biking.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Rule #1,223,666 in dog ownership:

Never ever ask for advice on how to have your dog accompany you on your rides on an online dog site.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It's funny, and an interesting commentary on the lack of discipline & size of my past dogs, the first thing I thought of was not that I'd hurt my dog, but what happened if he saw a chipmunk and decided to take off :D

More like, "Hang on mutt, I'm going to hit this drop and.. hey! HEY WHERE ARE YOU GOING?! STOP STOP STOP AHHHHH! <thud>"

ZEDMAN

Monkey
Nov 19, 2003
S.F. California
wow if the dog went anywhere but straight without telling you you would end up on your face. wouldnt even be able to catch yourself or you would step on your dog

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I tried to ride with my Doberman once. He just nocked my over in the first 20 feet. So i guess all that stuff is out of the option for my dog.

Maybe you could make a electric coler that would zap if the dog got farther away from you than X feet or somthing>

KaTooMer

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Illinois
mack said:
Maybe you could make a electric coler that would zap if the dog got farther away from you than X feet or somthing>
What would work especially well with male (un-fixed) dogs is hooking up this type of shock device to its balls. It could be combined with a neck-mounted mechanism with a spring-loaded hammer that would whack the dog on the top of its head at the same time the electric ball shocker was triggered. And when the hammer impacted the dog's head, that in turn would set off a mace cannister aimed directly into its eyes, temporarily blinding the dog.

It's just "training", right?