Quantcast

Some thoughts on gay pride (and why I'm against it)

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
So basically I came to the conclusion that I'm totally against "pride" as it stands now for several reasons.
1) I really don't want to see half naked people basically doing everything short of having sex in the street, gay, strait, or otherwise, I don't want to see it. It has nothing to do with who you're doing it with, it offends my sensibilities.
2) and far more important. Gay pride is the gay communities day to show the rest of jesus loving merica who they are. If they choose, on that one day that they have to show who they are, to get naked, and grind on each other in the street, then it's not nearly as hard for the jesus segment to call them immoral and say they are hurting society

Instead what I feel would be much more effective, would be instead of for the gay community to take their pants off and get down. They should get into a suite or something nice, and parade down the street with that kid who they adopted who just got accepted to Standford.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Yes, I too wish gays would take less pride in their pride and stuff.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying they should take pride in things the rest of the country doesn't consider immoral and wrong ( like getting naked in public) instead they should focus on the fact that most kids raised by gay parents do very well (after all, they make you jump through sooooo many hoops to adopt, and the whole "accident" thing doesn't happen) and go to college and things of that nature

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
The rest of america thinks being outwardly comfortable with your sexuality is fine, as long as its the shared hetero sexuality. No one ****ing gets beat up or thrown up on when college aged girls have bikini car washes.

Just ****ing stop this tribal superstitious belief that one thing is right and the other is wrong, let all people live the same lives free from hate and fear and discrimination and people wont have to issue to raise. Im so ****ing tired of morons like you getting up and saying ewww i dont like that. Yes, you are a moron clearly and most certainly one of the highest entitled teenage variety. While you might not be a teenager you have all the earmarks of white suburban entitlement.

Who gives a flying **** if it offends your sensibilities. I've yet to see you make a post about TMZ or any media outlet or group that covers such blatantly horrible and vain people like celebrities. How many cocks does a twat like Paris hilton have to stuff into her rugroll before all you understanding, yet offended white males decide that you need to cop her meat locker.

****ing moron.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
The rest of america thinks being outwardly comfortable with your sexuality is fine, as long as its the shared hetero sexuality. No one ****ing gets beat up or thrown up on when college aged girls have bikini car washes.

Just ****ing stop this tribal superstitious belief that one thing is right and the other is wrong, let all people live the same lives free from hate and fear and discrimination and people wont have to issue to raise. Im so ****ing tired of morons like you getting up and saying ewww i dont like that. Yes, you are a moron clearly and most certainly one of the highest entitled teenage variety. While you might not be a teenager you have all the earmarks of white suburban entitlement.

Who gives a flying **** if it offends your sensibilities. I've yet to see you make a post about TMZ or any media outlet or group that covers such blatantly horrible and vain people like celebrities. How many cocks does a twat like Paris hilton have to stuff into her rugroll before all you understanding, yet offended white males decide that you need to cop her meat locker.

****ing moron.
Jesus Christ, calm down. I fully support gay marriage, I on a personal level, don't care if they actually were to have have sex in the street once a year in the castro. I'm just not going to go. I am saying that gay people some what fall into the stereo type the **** heads you're ranting against talk exactly about. My point is about playing the political game dude, take away the ammo of the retards.

As well for the record, many kids my age (myself included) could give a **** less about famous trashy whores who have done nothing. In fact, I don't even have cable, and I spend as much time on BBC as I do on here. I wouldn't make a post about TMZ because it is in fact no way relevant to anything, and doesn't matter. I don't have a clue what goes on with TMZ, so I wouldn't know what to say. On the other hand, I know plenty of gay people who I think deserve the same rights as the ****tard jesus freaks I know

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
The fact is, you havent made a single post about hetero actions (except to further your dislike of gays doing it) especially ones where scantily clad women objectify themselves.

Have you ever been to a pride parade? Sure theres fringe elements but as much as its about them it's about the families and completely average couple just wanting to be equal.

Just like not all who believe in skywizards are ****ing utter nutjobs like the Westboro people. The point is gays/lesbians are still being treated as second class citizens and until they arent good for them being out there saying "**** you, deal with us." To every stupid fearful person.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
The fact is, you havent made a single post about hetero actions (except to further your dislike of gays doing it) especially ones where scantily clad women objectify themselves.

Have you ever been to a pride parade? Sure theres fringe elements but as much as its about them it's about the families and completely average couple just wanting to be equal.

Just like not all who believe in skywizards are ****ing utter nutjobs like the Westboro people. The point is gays/lesbians are still being treated as second class citizens and until they arent good for them being out there saying "**** you, deal with us." To every stupid fearful person.
Dude, I live in the bay area, I've been to pride, and I've hung out in the castro. I have plenty of gay friends.

Why would I post about skanky whores? I don't care about them, I promise I don't. I care about my friends who aren't aloud to get married, and I'm saying looking like skanky whores on your day to show who you are isn't the way to do it

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
So if you've clearly been to pride and all you apparently take away from it is half-naked men nearly ****ing in the streets your looking through some narrow blinders kid.

Why wouldnt you post about skanky whores, you seem so adept at telling gays and lesbians how they offend your sensibilities, and yes you did say straight as well.

Honestly it doesnt matter what solid ground gays/lesbians build their defense on, the over riding factor for bigots is the word "gay" from there on everything else is irrelevant. Personally I think its awesome seeing a 6'6" black man in 5" high heels and some glittered up sequined peackock bikini suit doing backflips down the street all the while letting out a big **** you grin to all the people who ever judged him/her on who they **** as opposed to the content of their character.

Because clearly no one in the straight community really gives a **** about whose ****ing who and easily forgets all the heinous **** people do.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So if you've clearly been to pride and all you apparently take away from it is half-naked men nearly ****ing in the streets your looking through some narrow blinders kid.
I think he is just good at finding what he is obviously looking for.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless

Why wouldnt you post about skanky whores, you seem so adept at telling gays and lesbians how they offend your sensibilities, and yes you did say straight as well.

Honestly it doesnt matter what solid ground gays/lesbians build their defense on, the over riding factor for bigots is the word "gay" from there on everything else is irrelevant. Personally I think its awesome seeing a 6'6" black man in 5" high heels and some glittered up sequined peackock bikini suit doing backflips down the street all the while letting out a big **** you grin to all the people who ever judged him/her on who they **** as opposed to the content of their character.

Because clearly no one in the straight community really gives a **** about whose ****ing who and easily forgets all the heinous **** people do.
No, I'm saying that, that's all the super religious bigots see. And it would be in the interests of the gay community to one day a year, pander to them, and make and extra effort to show how great you are.

My sensibilities don't matter, skanks offend my sensibilities at clubs, that's why I don't go. See we have these amazing things in America called rights, and if it don't hurt me, I don't care, I just wont watch.

Oh, and have you even been to the castro???? There's black dudes in high heals with a **** you look at me grin on all the time.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Holy ****! The profanity filter is in full on overdrive for this thread.

But seriously the whole point of the "Pride" parades is to say to the world, "this is how I am and I'm not changing" (and possibly to prove that all gay men have rock hard abs).

If they all spent the parade trying to conform to accepted norms that would defeat the purpose. Then we could call it the Gay Shame and Self Deception Parade. After all even though our gay friends are just like us in many ways they are also different and that's ok.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Holy ****! The profanity filter is in full on overdrive for this thread.

But seriously the whole point of the "Pride" parades is to say to the world, "this is how I am and I'm not changing" (and possibly to prove that all gay men have rock hard abs).

If they all spent the parade trying to conform to accepted norms that would defeat the purpose. Then we could call it the Gay Shame and Self Deception Parade. After all even though our gay friends are just like us in many ways they are also different and that's ok.
I understand that part, and am cool with it. But if you're fighting for marriage, and are trying to demonstrate "family values." Then do so when you're in the spotlight. It has nothing to do with "conforming" there are 364 other days for you to run around naked. I would argue that if you want to show how "proud" you are of what ever group you are in, be it strait or gay. Getting naked and boning in the street isn't really what you should be "proud" of, the fact that you contribute to the community, and that that kid you adopted is doing so amazing are the things they should be proud of.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I understand that part, and am cool with it. But if you're fighting for marriage, and are trying to demonstrate "family values." Then do so when you're in the spotlight. It has nothing to do with "conforming" there are 364 other days for you to run around naked. I would argue that if you want to show how "proud" you are of what ever group you are in, be it strait or gay. Getting naked and boning in the street isn't really what you should be "proud" of, the fact that you contribute to the community, and that that kid you adopted is doing so amazing are the things they should be proud of.
I think you have it backwards. There are 364 days of the year for being a normal person, going to work, having a family and otherwise fitting in. One day a year they get to let it all hang out and be different.

The gay community is constantly repressed and looked down upon. Many gay people hide their sexual orientation from their coworkers and acquaintances. This is a day to be free and accepted without worrying about being judged.

If you have so many gay friends why don't you discuss the subject with them. Maybe they could help you understand.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Because he doesnt really care, it's not about them, it's about him and his "sensibilities"

Truly Gay Pride day is their day, let them ****ing have it. I wonder how many people said in the 60's, Coloreds should have the same rights, I just dont want to see thousands of them expressing their belief that they too, should exercise the same rights as everyone else.

Fact is Montashu you excel at saying and to a much large extent thinking stupid ****. Just shut the hell up and support americans having the same rights. I dont care that your dad dressing up as Dean Martin and beat your mom while pregnant with you with a rubber hose, so you shouldnt care that some dude wants to dress like a pinball machine once a year and rollerskate down the street in assless chaps.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Mooshu, since you think that people should hide who they are to appease the masses, the masses clearly think you should shut the hell up. Im pretty sure that this is the time you'll see your point and take it whole heartedly and move on.

Dont you have to get some tattoo objectifying woman as merely objects for affection?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I think you have it backwards. There are 364 days of the year for being a normal person, going to work, having a family and otherwise fitting in. One day a year they get to let it all hang out and be different.

The gay community is constantly repressed and looked down upon. Many gay people hide their sexual orientation from their coworkers and acquaintances. This is a day to be free and accepted without worrying about being judged.

If you have so many gay friends why don't you discuss the subject with them. Maybe they could help you understand.
The fact that gays are judged in the workplace is terrible in an of itself, but there are still plenty of weekends that they can let it all hang out. And remember, the work place isn't the place for ANY ONE to let it "all hang out"

I have, and some of them tend to agree with me.

Because he doesnt really care, it's not about them, it's about him and his "sensibilities"

Truly Gay Pride day is their day, let them ****ing have it. I wonder how many people said in the 60's, Coloreds should have the same rights, I just dont want to see thousands of them expressing their belief that they too, should exercise the same rights as everyone else.

Fact is Montashu you excel at saying and to a much large extent thinking stupid ****. Just shut the hell up and support americans having the same rights. I dont care that your dad dressing up as Dean Martin and beat your mom while pregnant with you with a rubber hose, so you shouldnt care that some dude wants to dress like a pinball machine once a year and rollerskate down the street in assless chaps.
You really need to sit the **** down and relax bro. Yes, it offends my sensibilities for 2 guys to suck face in public, same with 2 girls, or a dude and a chick. That's why I DON'T GO TO PRIDE. but on a personal level it doesn't effect me so I really don't care. But the reality is it deeply offends allot of people, and it would help gay people in gaining their rights to play the game a bit. Sorry I don't want to see what goes on in ANY ONES bedroom going on in public. I really don't see how that makes me a homophob or anti gay

I'm also glad too see you are literate, and have read the previous statement of my support for people's rights to marry whom ever the hell the please.

Mooshu, since you think that people should hide who they are to appease the masses, the masses clearly think you should shut the hell up. Im pretty sure that this is the time you'll see your point and take it whole heartedly and move on.

Dont you have to get some tattoo objectifying woman as merely objects for affection?
You mean the one that's covered up by my Tshirt all the time, that none of my coworkers, or family friends even knows exist........

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
The fact that gays are judged in the workplace is terrible in an of itself, but there are still plenty of weekends that they can let it all hang out. And remember, the work place isn't the place for ANY ONE to let it "all hang out"

I have, and some of them tend to agree with me.
I still think you are missing the point. The Pride Parades are not about gaining acceptance or marriage equality. It's about being different and awesome and not giving a fvck (see how I beat the filter there :brows: ).

There are marriage equality events and equal rights events geared towards what you are talking about. Different goals different methods.

PS there are family oriented groups that show up at Pride events but they are not nearly as photogenic and shocking so they don't really get any press.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I still think you are missing the point. The Pride Parades are not about gaining acceptance or marriage equality. It's about being different and awesome and not giving a fvck (see how I beat the filter there :brows: ).

There are marriage equality events and equal rights events geared towards what you are talking about. Different goals different methods.

PS there are family oriented groups that show up at Pride events but they are not nearly as photogenic and shocking so they don't really get any press.

No, I fully understand that, and on a fundamental level, fully support that. But the reality is pride is what the bible belt sees as basically what homosexuality is, and as wrong as it is, that is the reality of it.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
No, I fully understand that, and on a fundamental level, fully support that. But the reality is pride is what the bible belt sees as basically what homosexuality is, and as wrong as it is, that is the reality of it.
Your an idiot AND a bigot? Multitasking!

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
clearly, you miss the point. Pride in and of itself is fundamentally about raising awareness for the depth of diversity within the gay community and showing morons that ones sexuality does not effect the content of their character, regardless of how you perceive a bunch of bigots ideals.

Personally since you've yet to start any threads about straight couples making out im assuming it isnt enough of a core issue for you and probably more so to cover up your own homophobia. Given the context of how you speak about it, its not showing affection but nearly ****ing in the streets also to some extent illustrates your bias. Saying otherwise doesnt make it not so.

...and the notion that comparing your (poor) choice to get a ****ty tattoo and cover it at work to somehow gay people needing to act like they are exactly the same as everyone else is idiotic. I'd guess that very few people make the choice to be homosexual, you on the other hand made the choise it getting bad ink. See the difference there. Maybe handicap people should cover their twisted, stupid looking little legs up so they look you everyone else.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Easy there fellas. We don't need to freak out and start acting all crazy just because the guy said something we don't agree with.
It has been a while since folks had a chance to beat up on Mooshoo.

Since the shorter version is essentially, "Gay pride parades seem counter productive." I guess I can agree with that. The level of acceptance has changed a lot since they started and maybe it would be best if the pride celebrations changed as well.

Maybe they should just have love parades so the heteros can piss off the fundies too.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Your an idiot AND a bigot? Multitasking!
Yes because the views of jesus freaks in the mid west and the south are entirely my views.....

Or are you lying to yourself in that there is a huge portion of the country MYSELF NOT INCLUDED who think "god hates fags"

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Having been all over the country I can say with certainty that theres isnt in-fact a "huge portion" of the country that believes that. Just small pockets of morons, and guess what.

You've heard of Jim jones right and the Peoples Temple? Guess where they originated. San Francisco.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
clearly, you miss the point. Pride in and of itself is fundamentally about raising awareness for the depth of diversity within the gay community and showing morons that ones sexuality does not effect the content of their character, regardless of how you perceive a bunch of bigots ideals.

Personally since you've yet to start any threads about straight couples making out im assuming it isnt enough of a core issue for you and probably more so to cover up your own homophobia. Given the context of how you speak about it, its not showing affection but nearly ****ing in the streets also to some extent illustrates your bias. Saying otherwise doesnt make it not so.

...and the notion that comparing your (poor) choice to get a ****ty tattoo and cover it at work to somehow gay people needing to act like they are exactly the same as everyone else is idiotic. I'd guess that very few people make the choice to be homosexual, you on the other hand made the choise it getting bad ink. See the difference there. Maybe handicap people should cover their twisted, stupid looking little legs up so they look you everyone else.
You mad bro???

So me saying gay people should pander to retards 1 day a year is homophobic? Get fvcking real dude. And what does me not starting a thread about strait people have to do with ANYTHING, you're logic is piss poor at best. Strait people aren't fighting for their rights.

You're the one who made that comparison you moron, you said I got ink that objectifies women, and I said I cover it up. I'm, pointing out the distinction between being flagrant and public about certain sexual things and keeping them private

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Having been all over the country I can say with certainty that theres isnt in-fact a "huge portion" of the country that believes that. Just small pockets of morons, and guess what.

You've heard of Jim jones right and the Peoples Temple? Guess where they originated. San Francisco.
Small pockets??? Lets not forget the prop 8 travesty that went down here, seemed to be a majority

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
You mad bro???

So me saying gay people should pander to retards 1 day a year is homophobic? Get fvcking real dude. And what does me not starting a thread about strait people have to do with ANYTHING, you're logic is piss poor at best. Strait people aren't fighting for their rights.
How about one day a year you shut the **** up and not say stupid ****. huh, you can have the other 364 to be a moron.

You're the one who made that comparison you moron, you said I got ink that objectifies women, and I said I cover it up. I'm, pointing out the distinction between being flagrant and public about certain sexual things and keeping them private
you fail to see the distinction between your choice and ones being. Why should, gays have to exist in a realm separate from everyone else. If you were so clearly all up on the moral high road you'd oppose playboy, swimsuit issues, the adult industry. But you dont. You've made it a point to launch a attack saying, "hey gays, stop being gay today."

Honestly do you know how stupid you are?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Since the shorter version is essentially, "Gay pride parades seem counter productive." I guess I can agree with that. The level of acceptance has changed a lot since they started and maybe it would be best if the pride celebrations changed as well.
It's a reasonable argument on the surface but there is a serious problem with that logic.

If the Pride celebrations were changed to be all PC an' such then they would just get ignored like the family values centered gay rallies that occur across the country already. Homophobes will still search out that event or venue where gay people are getting crazy and having a good time and say, "Hey look! This is what the gays are all about, leather and glitter and exposed nipples! BLASPHEMY!!".

So then we end up in a situation where the gay community has no place or time to be open and get wild. That's not cool.

Appeasement is not a reasonable strategy in this fight. If homophobes want to vote for stupid anti-gay laws out of fear and misunderstanding no one can stop them but lucky we have civil rights and the supreme court.