Quantcast

some upgrades for the bmx?

Jul 30, 2007
CT
So I bought a bmx last winter mostly since i went to boarding school and we has skate park so i thought the bmx would be a bit better for it, at the time i didn't really want to spend that much and my parents didn't really feel like buying me an eastern or felt online, so i went to the lbs and picked out a 2007 Haro Nyquist 2 (hate me idc) i like the bike overal and feels pretty good but nothing compared to the built up eastern reaper my friend has :(

Well right now im waiting for my frame to come from sinister to build up my mtb but thats not gonna be here till end of summer. So i thought why not upgrade the bmx a little, but im not sure exactly what.... I need a new front tire mine defected with this bubble bulge thing. I ride park, but mostly local trails with hard packed dirt, but they can become dusty and slick so something that would grip well i thought of kenda K-rad? just cause i run them on the mtb? I also looking in the odyssey elementary? stem since its light and i like the look a lot, the odyssey senor seat? in kevlar preferred but leather works too, and some odyssey plastic pedals perhaps? Opinions or suguests would be great, also any one that has some of these parts used and would sell them specailly the stem shoot me offers thanks

(for the lazy people just read the bold)

thanks

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I got a crown royal stem and shadow 13b bars that would really pimp it out I'd sell cheap and both are like new. pm me for details.

Nov 5, 2004
hartlepool, uk
just go for a slimmer than expected tyre i think,
for my bmx i opted for a 2.1 front and 1.9 rear, thinking 2.1 was going to be smallish.
it came out pretty damn big in comparison to the feel of the bike.