Quantcast

Some what close??? "Accounting"

Question 3
Prepare year end adjusting entries for each of the following:
1. Office supplies had a balance of $84 on Jan 1, purchases debited to office supplies during the year amount to $415. A year end inventory reveals supplies of $285 on hand.
2. Depreciation of office equip. is estimated to be $2,130 for the year.
3. Property tax's for 6 months, estimated at $875, have acrued but have not been recorded.
4. Unrecorded interest receivable on US govt. bonds is $850.
5. Unearned revenue has a balance of $900. Services for $300 in advance have been performed.
6. Services totaling $200 have been performed, customer hasn't been billed.

Answer:
1. Office supplies had a balance of $84 on Jan 1, purchases debited to office supplies during the year amount to $415. A year end inventory reveals supplies of $285 on hand.
DR-Office Supply Expense 284
CR – Office Supplies 284
2. Depreciation of office equip. is estimated to be $2,130 for the year.
DR – Depreciation Expense 2130
CR – Office Equip Depreciation Acct 2130

3. Property tax's for 6 months, estimated at $875, have acrued but have not been recorded.
DR – Property Tax Expense 875
CR – Property Tax Liability 875
4. Unrecorded interest receivable on US govt. bonds is $850.
DR – Interest Receivable (Investments Receivable) 850
CR – Interest Revenue 850
5. Unearned revenue has a balance of $900. Services for $300 in advance have been performed.
DR – Cash 900
CR – Revenue 300
CR – Unearned Revenue (Current Liability Account) 600

6. Services totaling $200 have been performed, customer hasn't been billed.
DR - Accounts Receivable 200
CR – Revenue 200

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Listen numb nutz we won't do your homework for you. If we do it then you won't learn a damn thing at all. Also you may not know this but teachers do search the internet and if they catch you cheating in anywhich way the consequences are mutch much more severe than bombing the assignment. Suck it up loser and do your own damn work.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Rip said:
To pull your head out of your ass use a crowbar.

Listen numb nutz we won't do your homework for you. If we do it then you won't learn a damn thing at all. Also you may not know this but teachers do search the internet and if they catch you cheating in anywhich way the consequences are mutch much more severe than bombing the assignment. Suck it up loser and do your own damn work.
WTF!?!?!!? People ask homework questions all the time on the monkey. Whats with the friggin hostility? Granted, the questions are usually fun math or physics related type stuff, not accounting, but jeebus - ya'll going for serious :nuts: .
I thought there was this rule of thumb where if you didn't like a post, you simply didn't reply to it. Silly me.

J

JRB

Rip said:
Nope, loco's is the one that is tan and has the santa hat.
Yup - hahahaha

*I only notice 9digits and JMAC asking people to do homework. :think:

J

JRB

johnbryanpeters said:
JMAC's more civil than NineFingers.
True. Which isn't saying a ton. JMAC and Stoney have tended to throw HATE around a lot. 9thumbs is just abrasive to some people. Never has been to me, though.

.:_bustit_:.

Chimp
Mar 16, 2005
US of A
SkaredShtles said:
Wait until you see his homophobic ranting...... he'll break it out eventually. :rolleyes:

Of course, he *does* live in OH....

-S.S.-
Wow...You're a real @ss! He comes on here for help and you bust on him for it...I've been reading as a guest for awhile, and have read some real F'd up responses from people, but you seem to take the cake. Why don't you work on bettering yourself instead of running your mouth on a forum hiding behind your monitor at momies house.

Ninefingers, pm me and I'll help you out if I can.

~C-note

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
.:_bustit_:. said:
Wow...You're a real @ss! He comes on here for help and you bust on him for it...I've been reading as a guest for awhile, and have read some real F'd up responses from people, but you seem to take the cake. Why don't you work on bettering yourself instead of running your mouth on a forum hiding behind your monitor at momies house.

~C-note
who is the ass here?

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113071

:nopity:

.:_bustit_:.

Chimp
Mar 16, 2005
US of A
Toshi said:
You guys! It looks like he was just asking for help, got dropped on by all of you guys and your smart remarks, and decided to not put up with it. What you missed was the same characters flogging him on another post I read. Give the guy a break, if that was me, I would of done the same thing in self defense. It's hard to tell sarcasim on these forums, and when a bunch of people gang bang on someone for reaching out for help, who could blame him?

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
On multiple choice, the answer is 33% C

On math, 0 is the most common math answer at 2%

English-verb at .06%

History- Gold at 20%

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wow...You're a real @ss! <snip>
but you seem to take the cake. Why don't you work on bettering yourself instead of running your mouth on a forum hiding behind your monitor at momies house.
Awwww.......... somebody needs a hug. Come here and give me a hug.

You're so right.......... I'm soooooo sorry.

-S.S.-

J

JRB

~C-note
Yeah - you're an ass, S.S. :D