Quantcast

Some winter motivation

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
Echo said:
That sounds like it could be fun. I'll register when I git home.
Yeah, it looks pretty cool. And the group function looks like it could be fun.

Anyone who wants to do it, register a name and a password and then PM me your name and I'll invite you to the Ridemonkey group.
 

mikwat

Chimp
Dec 15, 2005
3
0
San Luis Obispo, CA
Hey, I'm the monkey behind MyCyclingLog and am excited to see lots of people talking about it on Ridemonkey. My site was originally catered towards road cyclists and mountain bikers with speedometers, but I know that many people don't keep track of ride time or distance.

I'm in the process of making MyCyclingLog more interesting for those of you who want to keep track of your rides, but aren't necessarily interesting in keeping track of time or distance. If anyone has suggestions in how this could be done, I would appreciate any feedback. You can either post here or in the Discussion area on MyCyclingLog.

Thanks!
mike.
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
mikwat said:
Hey, I'm the monkey behind MyCyclingLog and am excited to see lots of people talking about it on Ridemonkey. My site was originally catered towards road cyclists and mountain bikers with speedometers, but I know that many people don't keep track of ride time or distance.

I'm in the process of making MyCyclingLog more interesting for those of you who want to keep track of your rides, but aren't necessarily interesting in keeping track of time or distance. If anyone has suggestions in how this could be done, I would appreciate any feedback. You can either post here or in the Discussion area on MyCyclingLog.

Thanks!
mike.
I'd like to see a spot for max HR, and the ability to add other activities like tread mill or weights or elliptical
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
mikwat said:
Hey, I'm the monkey behind MyCyclingLog and am excited to see lots of people talking about it on Ridemonkey. My site was originally catered towards road cyclists and mountain bikers with speedometers, but I know that many people don't keep track of ride time or distance.

I'm in the process of making MyCyclingLog more interesting for those of you who want to keep track of your rides, but aren't necessarily interesting in keeping track of time or distance. If anyone has suggestions in how this could be done, I would appreciate any feedback. You can either post here or in the Discussion area on MyCyclingLog.

Thanks!
mike.
Good to see you on here! It was nice to find a log that wasn't overly detailed and so confusing to use.

I agree that strength training options and more heart rate options or resistance options. Also, it would be nice to add trainer/rollers to the dropdown options box.

Keep up the good work and we'll keep plugging the site (hint hint, fellow monkeys, PM me to join the group!)
 

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
2,948
0
at a road race near you
Ok,made my first entry in our Ridemonkey Group.Was 26* when we headed out this morning,got in 40miles w/alot of climbin.Will be kinda neat to see how many miles we get in as a group this coming year.
 

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
6,143
0
Floating down the Hudson
GravityFreakTJ said:
Ok,made my first entry in our Ridemonkey Group.Was 26* when we headed out this morning,got in 40miles w/alot of climbin.Will be kinda neat to see how many miles we get in as a group this coming year.
Great idea! Let's get as many monkeys on here as we can :)
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
wow thats a great site.. great find!!! the only thing if i didnt ride so frequently i would hate to see how much i didnt ride!!!!
 

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
10,139
685
Bend, Oregon
bluebug32 said:
You should get a confirmation e-mail from the site. Did you get that? Maybe check your spam filter. My junk mail actually picked it up.
OK - I'm signed up on the site, but what's the password to the RM group?
 

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
2,948
0
at a road race near you
Heidi said:
OK - I'm signed up on the site, but what's the password to the RM group?

Heidi, i think you are doin what i was.You are seein where it says group name and password,thats for a new group.Just click on groups once you sign in and it will take you to the RM group.
 

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
10,139
685
Bend, Oregon
GravityFreakTJ said:
Heidi, i think you are doin what i was.You are seein where it says group name and password,thats for a new group.Just click on groups once you sign in and it will take you to the RM group.

No, sadly, it doesn't. :dead: