Some winter motivation

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
GravityFreakTJ said:
Thank you:) .Anyone else?
John S from upstate NY

And congrats to bug for her first sticky.

And whoever is e-squatting on the name Westy over there needs to be lynched by the RM group. :devil:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
We need to get Peter signed up on this thing. Then the Beast from the East will have to train for Old Pueblo out of nothing other than pure guilt.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
We need to get Peter signed up on this thing. Then the Beast from the East will have to train for Old Pueblo out of nothing other than pure guilt.
What is our official team name? If it is actually beast from the east I will have to bring my hardtail with the custom Milwaulkees Best downtube badge.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Echo said:
I've been watching this thread and visited the site. I wondered if it would come to this... I'll go sign up. BEAST OF THE EAST!!!!

Will they have an option soon for things other than cycling? I'd put my stuff in there, but right now, most of it is off the bike.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
peter6061 said:
I've been watching this thread and visited the site. I wondered if it would come to this... I'll go sign up. BEAST OF THE EAST!!!!

Will they have an option soon for things other than cycling? I'd put my stuff in there, but right now, most of it is off the bike.
Most of my stuff for a while will be non biking, I'll just put it in there anyway. I track my training by time not miles anyway.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Our team is registered as "The Beast from the East".

I track by time rather than miles too, miles is not really a relevant factor when riding rollers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
Our team is registered as "The Beast from the East".

I track by time rather than miles too, miles is not really a relevant factor when riding rollers.
Not to mention when comparing group rides on flat roads to solo rides in the mountains, or hardpacked fast trails compared to loamy, twisty, turny, rooty :-)drool: ) trails.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Registered.

Just waiting for the invite.

Most of my stuff right now is in the gym, but I'll track it if it makes our team dominate the competition in one more arena.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:

ack, 2 ski trips, one evening/night partying w/a couple chicks and a day with a hangover =

Last Week 01:00:00 16.00 miles

....I promise to be better next week! :cool:

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
douglas said:
ack, 2 ski trips, one evening/night partying w/a couple chicks and a day with a hangover =

Last Week 01:00:00 16.00 miles

....I promise to be better next week! :cool:
Ski trips count, don't they?

I haven't been on my bike in a couple weeks. Been hitting the gym every/every other day though. Lots of weights and indoor aerobic training.

Really need to pull out the road bike. I was hitting the local jumps a bunch before the weather leveled off right around freezing. If it would just get a little colder and freeze up or warm up enough to dry out, I might get a few more rides in.

Maybe I'll commute in on the fixie tomorrow...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
GravityFreakTJ said:
I think it would be cool if everyone that joined would post up what kinda riding you do,if you race,what kinda bike you ride blah blah blah
Mainly XC riding. Like to race XC endurance events. Do long distance road rides for endurance training. Do plenty of big mountain train riding and dabble in DH.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Westy said:
Mainly XC riding. Like to race XC endurance events. Do long distance road rides for endurance training. Do plenty of big mountain train riding and dabble in DH.

I race road(mainly crits) and xc.Did my first 12 hr last year and it was fun and pure hell at the same time.Used to race dh.
As far as my bikes road is a Dean Eldiente Ti w/full Dura Ace and Zipp 404's.XC is full carbon fuel,xo,chris king wheels and a Dean Duke Ti soft tail w/same build.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I race XC singlespeed, and I do alot of road riding for fun and training, I enjoy large group road rides occasionally

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm declaring myself the "hours" champion of RM this week with 8 hours and 1 minute of training and calling out the rest of you, especially fellow "Beasts from the East" members, to kick my ass next week.:help: