Quantcast

Some winter motivation

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
bluebug32 said:
I feel the same. It's hard to not do something physical every day. I also have a desk job which makes me really antsy by the end of the day. I never thought I'd look forward to my trainer so much.
I guess there is worse stuff to be addicted to :)

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MancilG said:
I am having a hard time getting motivated at night, by the time I get home, play with the kid, eat, it's time for bed.

Can you ride before work or at lunch?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
MancilG said:
I am having a hard time getting motivated at night, by the time I get home, play with the kid, eat, it's time for bed.
My lbs owner once told me when i dont want to ride..
just get on the bike and ride for 10 minutes.. if you dont want to ride after that point just head back, all you lose is 20 minutes... I have yet to turn back yet..

when i worked nights.. i would be riding home for work at 5am after 10 hrs of work and it felt so good i would wind up riding for 1 1/2 hrs!!!1

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
Heidi said:
Can you ride before work or at lunch?
If I make it home after work, forget it...I'm not going back out.

Any chance of going for a ride and I take my bike. I'd rather have it and not need it.

eric

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Heidi said:
Redneck heaven.:help:
That's funny. My friends watch it to get their Euro fix: World Rally Cars, Motorcycle Racing, even F1. They do skip the NASCAR crap.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
MancilG said:
I find that I just have to make it part of my schedule. Aside from really craving exercise because of my desk job, my trainer is in my living room with my tv. I've been getting into watching That 70s Show reruns which are on every night from 7-8. That's just enough motivation to be on the trainer at 7 on the dot.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
But with the snow being ABSOLUTELY MAD lately, it has been hard to motivate. Yesterday at Grand Targhee, they reported 4", but in reality we got between 15" and 24", with it puking all day. I got in 40,000 ft. of vert, and am knackered. I will get on with the join when the snow faucet shuts off!
Too bad we can't include skate skiing miles into the equation...one skate mile is probably like 5 road miles, but I am just guessing.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Well now that I have a wireless xbox controller you guys might start seeing some crazy numbers. I was playing xbox while riding last night. If I didn't need to stop for dinner I might have been able to play for another hour or so

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
rideit said:
Too bad we can't include skate skiing miles into the equation...one skate mile is probably like 5 road miles, but I am just guessing.
Yah, it's silly that doesn't roll up. I have a lot of skate ski miles but they don't go into the total. Skate skiing is MAD exercise.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
bluebug32 said:
What is that???
It's a rhythmic skiing technique that uses diagonal skating strides kind of like rollerskating, and very specific pole techniques. It is the fastest way to cover varied terrain on skis. It's also an exceedingly healthy activity and appeals primarily to the aerobically inclined. A LOT of top cross country mtb racers use this to keep in shape during the winter months.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
whats up w/my Old Pueblo team, I dont see much under your names? are you just not posting stuff or should I start looking for a nice spot for the the fastest lap ridemonkey trophy ???

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
MancilG said:
Damn Heidi, I woke up at 4 this morning and rode then did a few laps around the base today. I was sure I was going to pass you.... but nooooooooo still beating me by a few miles
See if you'd only gotten up at 2, you could have secured that spot...

lazyass

;)

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Just so you'all know I like Bikejournal better

http://bikejournal.com

Look for yourself, first it reset at the begining of the year so you are only comparing this years results but past years are archived, it is easy to navigate and hold more features. I will continue to use both unless ya'll want to start a club on the journal too...

mikwat

Chimp
Dec 15, 2005
San Luis Obispo, CA
As the developer of mycyclinglog.com, I just want to let everyone know that I'm glad you have chosen to use mycyclinglog.com. There are several sites out there with similar functionality and since mycyclinglog.com just came out in June 2005 I've been playing a lot of catch-up. At the same time, my goal remains to provide a quick, clean, and easy to use site. The fact that people keep telling their friends and recruiting new members motivates me to continue improving My Cycling Log.

Thanks, and keep logging!

mike.

BTW, I'm going to reset each group's total distance retroactively to the beginning of the year to level the competition field.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Mycyclinglog has ben updated to only include stats from this year!!!!! Not only is Ridemonkey the team with the most members we also have the most mileage... Keep it up Monkeys!!!!!!

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
mikwat said:
As the developer of mycyclinglog.com, I just want to let everyone know that I'm glad you have chosen to use mycyclinglog.com. There are several sites out there with similar functionality and since mycyclinglog.com just came out in June 2005 I've been playing a lot of catch-up. At the same time, my goal remains to provide a quick, clean, and easy to use site. The fact that people keep telling their friends and recruiting new members motivates me to continue improving My Cycling Log.

Thanks, and keep logging!

mike.

BTW, I'm going to reset each group's total distance retroactively to the beginning of the year to level the competition field.
Mike Keep up the good work!

Oe question though how come you ask for scren names at the time of registration but we are tracked by our birth names? I know a lot of us at the Monkey would prefer to be using our screen names to avoid confusion... just a mindless comment.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Echo said:
That's next. What is the difficulty rating on that one? Coach Troy cracks me up.
I don't remember - 9 something. We joke, but I could often hear Coach Troy during my races. "Come on, just spin it, spin it!" :)

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Damn flu season!!!!! Last weekend was a record high for Denver and I was hiding in my basement eating crackers and wishing I had the energy to go put in another DVD. I'll get some miles on the board one of these days.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hooples3 said:
Mycyclinglog has ben updated to only include stats from this year!!!!! Not only is Ridemonkey the team with the most members we also have the most mileage... Keep it up Monkeys!!!!!!
my spin bike doesn't record mileage, so i'm of no help right now.

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
narlus said:
my spin bike doesn't record mileage, so i'm of no help right now.
That's ok...I've not put in more than an hour on the trainer since I bought it a year ago. It just sits under the bed.

Of course, that is one of the advantages of living in the south. Year around outdoor riding without the need for studded tires.

Just out of curiosity...for those of you participating in the mycyclinglog group, what percentage of your miles are spinning vs. outdoor?

Looks like it should be in the 70's the rest of the week here....the commute should be nice. I can't wait for the weekend so I can get in a nice long MTB ride.

eric

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
druber said:
Just out of curiosity...for those of you participating in the mycyclinglog group, what percentage of your miles are spinning vs. outdoor?
I haven't logged any spin miles. All miles are actual, and yesterday occured in some beautiful snow... (no studded tires required, but may have been helpful on the frozen pools of ice at times...)