Quantcast

Some winter motivation

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
druber said:
That's ok...I've not put in more than an hour on the trainer since I bought it a year ago. It just sits under the bed.

Of course, that is one of the advantages of living in the south. Year around outdoor riding without the need for studded tires.

Just out of curiosity...for those of you participating in the mycyclinglog group, what percentage of your miles are spinning vs. outdoor?

Looks like it should be in the 70's the rest of the week here....the commute should be nice. I can't wait for the weekend so I can get in a nice long MTB ride.

eric
I have been lucky to have been riding outdoors all 2006, today was sketchy I had to cut 13 miles off my planned ride due to sleet. I did ride my rollers a few times in december. But having spent the Last 10 years in Chicago, winter riding in Arkansas hasn't fazed me at all...

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
MtnbikeMike said:
Well, it looks like the Monkies have moved into 1st! :thumb:
Thanks to you.

How the hell do you find so much time to get on the bike?

You can't be married, right? Either that or you don't work. Or maybe you don't sleep. Whatever it is, you put in some crazy hours.

There's no way I could find time to ride 25 hours in a week. My wife would take the kid and leave. :)

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
druber said:
Thanks to you.

There's no way I could find time to ride 25 hours in a week. . :)
True Dat, I have hard enough time trying to get 5-6 good hours in a week......

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
MunkeeHucker said:
True Dat, I have hard enough time trying to get 5-6 good hours in a week......
The only way I can get more is by turning drive time into ride time (commuting).

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
Y'all should go buy the spinervals "timetrialapalooza" DVD. It makes me want to cry. I love it.
Do the DVDs help time go by faster or just keep you motivated to work hard? I have no problems pushing myself, actually once the endorphins hit the world goes away and time flies. My problem is time just seems to creep when training at efforts that aren't goint to burn be out before march.

I haven't had the time to update things but I'm still training, more for the summer season than Old Pueblo but training.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
Do the DVDs help time go by faster or just keep you motivated to work hard?
Just helps the time go by faster. I can go for an hour and a half without getting bored as long as coach Troy is yammering about powertaps and heart rates. Plus for me I think it's more structured and a more proven workout than what I was doing before.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
druber said:
Thanks to you.

You can't be married, right? Either that or you don't work. Or maybe you don't sleep. Whatever it is, you put in some crazy hours.

There's no way I could find time to ride 25 hours in a week. My wife would take the kid and leave. :)

I just had my winter break from school, so I was able to get in a bunch....I went back on the 3rd. I only work about 12 hrs a week, and take 14 units at school.

Here's my little secret.....the weeeee hours of the morning ;) Well, that, and a lot of dedication. :thumb:

And being 20, I sure as hell hope I'm not married :D

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
bluebug32 said:
my only problem is that my butt really really hurts after awhile despite the fact that my legs still feel like superman

Chamois Butt'R. Well, that or a new saddle... I ride on a Selle Italia SLR, which probably means I'm sterile :oink:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Those SLO wheel dudes prolly think they are the shizzle... little do they know how bad they would get pwn3d if Westy or BikeGeek were to put in their rides :p

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Echo said:
Those SLO wheel dudes prolly think they are the shizzle... little do they know how bad they would get pwn3d if Westy or BikeGeek were to put in their rides :p
we just need to kick it up a notch!!!!

we have a few slackers as well who havent entered miles yet

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:

plus they're probably all in FL or Cali........they will smoked as soon as its spring

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hooples3 said:
we just need to kick it up a notch!!!!

we have a few slackers as well who havent entered miles yet
i'm not slacking, just not getting in any outdoor rides. dark, cold, ice, work, family....spinning and running is it for me for a while.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
narlus said:
i'm not slacking, just not getting in any outdoor rides. dark, cold, ice, work, family....spinning and running is it for me for a while.
i think spinning can be entered and the mileage can be accumulated.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
narlus said:
maybe i'm an idiot, but how can you quantify mileage on a spin bike?

I just estimate (on the low side), like on a road ride my avg will be normally 17-20, so if I did a hard spin class for an hour I'd put down I went 18 miles

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
what if i don't have a road bike? ;)

ok, 16 miles or so it is. can i retroactively change this so RM gets credits for the miles? or should i not bother?

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
narlus said:
what if i don't have a road bike? ;)

ok, 16 miles or so it is. can i retroactively change this so RM gets credits for the miles? or should i not bother?
Yes, you can. Just click on the little calendar when you add your rides and pick the day you rode.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I've been skate skiing more and more now that it's winter. Don't worry, we'll catch up when the snow melts. :)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
coach bluebug likes the way everyone is starting to think....

does anyone know the location of SLO Wheelmen? Maybe we could start a small army of monkies and pop their tubes and bend their der. hangers at night :evil:

druber

Chimp
May 23, 2005
I'll be doing a night ride tonight.

Of course, it will be on tight, twisty, ledgy, technical single track, so it's not likely that I'll boost the mileage much.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
bluebug32 said:
coach bluebug likes the way everyone is starting to think....

does anyone know the location of SLO Wheelmen? Maybe we could start a small army of monkies and pop their tubes and bend their der. hangers at night :evil:

My guess would be in SLO :)

That's San Luis Obispo, CA.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I took one for the team today I had headwinds at 15-20mph but very warm(70) so I took a longer lunch and cranked out 35 miles, Ridemonkey is back in first!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
And I finally getting a computer mount for my mountain bike.

So expect our totals to go up 3 miles a week!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I also proud to say, of the people with 50 or more miles this year, I am the slowest with a 5.84 mph average.