Quantcast

Somebody handcuff Echo! He's out of control!

splat

Nam I am
dh girlie said:
Weren't you accusing me of hitting on Douglas earlier? I ain't trollin for action...just read my signature...and I'm gonna goof off all day in retaliation for not getting Caesar Chavez Day off...damn state employees get it off...why not us city folk!
I know I've read your sig , I just figured I derail your thread .

and let you have some entertainment at the same time.

J

JRB

I revoked first amendment rights from one of my folks here today and she is mad too.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
dh girlie said:
I'm still pissed off that I have to work on Caesar Chavez Day while state employees are out riding their friggin bikes...oh wait...my bike is inoperable at the moment...nevermind...I still want the day off though.
Shouldn't you be crying to a union steward or somesuch? Is the state employees' union that much better than yours?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Fathead said:
Shouldn't you be crying to a union steward or somesuch? Is the state employees' union that much better than yours?
Nah...I have 30 floating holiday hours to take when I want...so I suppose I could have taken Caesar Chavez Day off...but goddamnit...I want it handed to me on a PLATTER! ;)

We have an AWESOME employees association, rather than a union...we have KILLER benefits...

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
blue said:
My Blink-182esque maturity level is obviously not welcome here.

*waddles off to Hot Topic to buy Sex Pistols, Ramones, and Clash posters*

No, you don't have the right to buy those. YOU AREN"T WORTHY!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
I'm still pissed off that I have to work on Caesar Chavez Day while state employees are out riding their friggin bikes...oh wait...my bike is inoperable at the moment...nevermind...I still want the day off though.
Ahhhh pooooooor baaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbby, your little honey out riding his bike today. Wasn't Caesar Chavez the guy who pick coffee beans with his trusty goat? I think it was Foldgers coffee.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Brian HCM#1 said:
Ahhhh pooooooor baaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbby, your little honey out riding his bike today. Wasn't Caesar Chavez the guy who pick coffee beans with his trusty goat? I think it was Foldgers coffee.

yeah, and starbucks put him out of business so he had to go kill somebody or something and get a day named after him or some schit

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
ummbikes said:
Remember this?

Chavez is a hero jackass, why is okay for the Jew to bag on the Mexican, and not okay for the Jew to bag on Jews?
Oh thats right Chavez was the labor guy, my bad for some reason I got him mixed up with Juan Valdez, he was the coffee guy. Sorry if I offended anyone, by the way my wife is 1/2 Mexican. Then again I wasn't saying how to kill someone.

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
Errrr no he didn't pick Coffee for Foldgers..

.... Chavez left CSO to form his own organization, which he called the National Farm Workers Association (NFWA). The name was later changed to the United Farm Workers (UFW). In 1965, Chavez and the NFWA led a strike of California grape-pickers to demand higher wages. In addition to the strike, they encouraged all Americans to boycott table grapes as a show of support. The strike lasted five years and attracted national attention. When the U.S. Senate Subcommittee looked into the situation, Robert Kennedy gave Chavez his total support.

In 1968, Chavez began a fast to call attention to the migrant workers' cause. Although his dramatic act did little to solve the immediate problems, it increased public awareness of the problem. In the late 1960s, the Teamsters attempted to take power from the UFW. After many battles, an agreement was finally reached in 1977. It gave the UFW sole right to organize field workers.

In the early 1970s, the UFW organized strikes and boycotts to get higher wages from grape and lettuce growers. During the 1980s, Chavez led a boycott to protest the use of toxic pesticides on grapes. He again fasted to draw public attention. These strikes and boycotts generally ended with the signing of bargaining agreements.

Cesar Chavez died on April 23, 1993. :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
douglas said:
Hmm, yeah I thought i was going to laugh later, but it never happened
dude that is one scary ass mofo in your avatar. if i ever saw that guy i would walk the other direction.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Brian HCM#1 said:
No...that would be Juan Valdez and his trusty donkey, you ASS...hahaha! anyway, he just hocked Columbian coffee in general...not necessarily any one particular brand...

He was first played by Jose Duval, but the role was taken over by Carlos Sanchez in 1969. Sanchez has played the part ever since. Even with the busy schedule that his fame requires, Sanchez still has time to manage his own small coffee farm and run an artistic silkscreening business. Sanchez has travelled all over the world as Juan, promoting Colombian coffee.

And there you have it...the story behind Juan Valdez...

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Brian HCM#1 said:
Oh thats right Chavez was the labor guy, my bad for some reason I got him mixed up with Juan Valdez, he was the coffee guy. Sorry if I offended anyone, by the way my wife is 1/2 Mexican. Then again I wasn't saying how to kill someone.
Hey, no problem, I should have throw a smilie or something in. Just so you know, I think what Lord Of Pie said was over the top too, so it suprised me when you were so flippant about Chavez. My grandfather picked grapes for living after he got out of the Army, the man (Chavez) is pretty much revered as a saint in my family and a lot of Latino communities.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
ummbikes said:
Hey, no problem, I should have throw a smilie or something in. Just so you know, I think what Lord Of Pie said was over the top too, so it suprised me when you were so flippant about Chavez. My grandfather picked grapes for living after he got out of the Army, the man (Chavez) is pretty much rvevred as a saint in my family and a lot of Latino communities.

I can't believe people were able to abstain from table grapes for 5 friggin years! Would it count if you grew and picked your own grapes???

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
dh girlie said:
I can't believe people were able to abstain from table grapes for 5 friggin years! Would it count if you grew and picked your own grapes???
Not to mention you wouldn't be able to eat Rum Raisin ice cream :(

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
We know you can't rip on black people cuz Julie told me there is NO way there is any black in you! :devil:
Thats for sure, Julie laughs at the size of my ding ding all the time, however I used to be a good dancer. Maybe thats because I was born in Oakland :think: