Quantcast

Somebody's looking.....

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
into my bosses and my computer...should I load a keylogger? or is there some other software I can use to check and keep records of the intrusions?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I saw my bosses computer open, with her email open, and a small box in the lower right hand side that had said PCAnywhere, or some such program.

It had the users name, and it was in house. I checked the company directory. There's considerably more to this story, however, I just started there, and really don't want to get involved in the politics.

So, in an effort for security, I would like to have the Lit Support Dept. covered, meaning I don't want our group tanked; savvy? ;) I just got here.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Don't log intrusions. Stop them. Disable remote access, change your password, whatever. Running a key logger isn't likely to tell you anything more than "Oh, gee, they're looking at the personnel files."

You need to lock down your machines. If you have remote access running wide open on machines with any kind of sensitive data on them, then your company needs to reevaluate its security policies. If it's not wide open, then it's someone in I.T. and you need to make some noise about it.