Quantcast

somemonkey

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
So it began with iRider asking for help. This thread

So I say fookit, go and get the bike. Took a trip with my MTB and had a session local to the pickup. Sick flume trail with great ocean views.

Now these bikes had to get to Denmark, WTF is Denmark.

Monkey investigation continues of this exotic flat place with topless beaches. Of course I go chasing rabbits because the internet is a fun place to explore.

currently falling in This hole

Plane tickets are booked with registration pending.

Your Oh monkey fest 2022?

Mey this be the monkey business worth training for.

:jester:

Eye tin her air ey

Take off July 7, land July 8, check bike July 9, begin pedaling July 10, danish asap

Expecting 9 - 15 days on course. 1212 miles

Do some touristing after the ride wraps up.

Make like a fly and leave on July 27

Any advice?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
On reflection, aside from helping save the planet a wee bit, this was my favourite thing living in Denmark:

On the edge of Aalborg, if your Tour de Day Koe goes near it. There are many similar, but I really liked that one. Saunagus FTW.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Since you’re going in the middle of summer you might need a sleep mask, cos it’s light till stupid o’clock. Most places have blackout blinds but not all. The beer is too sweet. Shit is expensive but awesome. Everyone speaks amazing English except for really old people.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
On reflection, aside from helping save the planet a wee bit, this was my favourite thing living in Denmark:

On the edge of Aalborg, if your Tour de Day Koe goes near it. There are many similar, but I really liked that one. Saunagus FTW.
Did you sail there on an upcycled boat?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I’m telling you though; Saunagus. It’s brilliant;
30 people crammed in the sauna, cranked up to absolute max heat, someone fanning the hot air at you with a huge wet towel whilst intermittently blasting various essential oils on the sauna stones. When you’re just about to die, everyone bails out and tries to stop their hearts in an icy plunge pool. Really sets you up for the week.

FF2E7781-A53F-49AB-9FF8-2B8BFFF366A8.jpeg

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I’m telling you though; Saunagus. It’s brilliant;
30 people crammed in the sauna, cranked up to absolute max heat, someone fanning the hot air at you with a huge wet towel whilst intermittently blasting various essential oils on the sauna stones. When you’re just about to die, everyone bails out and tries to stop their hearts in an icy plunge pool. Really sets you up for the week.

View attachment 175653
That’s a weird way to start an orgy, but whatever.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
If you’re gonna catch Covid, that’d be the way to do it.
There is no Covid in Denmark anymore. At least that is what you think when you see how people are acting. :disgust1:

July is THE vacation month in Denmark, so most Danes will be away ;). Instead you see an invasion of foreigners.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
After you had the real Danish pastries, you will hate everything they sell you in the US as a Danish. Just a warning. ;)
I already hate the Danish (pastry to be clear) with the fury of a thousand suns, just an utter waste of flour and fuck anybody who substitutes a Danish into a box of doughnuts, wil my hatred grow if I visit Denmark?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I already hate the Danish (pastry to be clear) with the fury of a thousand suns, just an utter waste of flour and fuck anybody who substitutes a Danish into a box of doughnuts, wil my hatred grow if I visit Denmark?
You will not have a choice, because the Danishes are so good and the doughnuts are not. Maybe you find a fancy doughnut shop in Copenhagen, but so far no competition. Even when they had a Dunkin Donuts at CPH central station, I don't think they were as good as in the US.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I don’t know about pastries, but your hatred of hard neoliberal politics will definitely grow when you see how nice everything is in a high tax social democracy. I mean it’s not perfect but…

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
You will not have a choice, because the Danishes are so good and the doughnuts are not. Maybe you find a fancy doughnut shop in Copenhagen, but so far no competition. Even when they had a Dunkin Donuts at CPH central station, I don't think they were as good as in the US.
Credit where credit is due, if Pol Pot weren't such an asshole we'd probably not have a plethora of amazing doughnuts either https://la.eater.com/2020/10/23/21530687/donut-king-documentary-los-angeles-cambodian-refugee-morning-briefing

I don’t know about pastries, but your hatred of hard neoliberal politics will definitely grow when you see how nice everything is in a high tax social democracy. I mean it’s not perfect but…
I'm not opposed to a high tax social democracy, I'm just opposed to letting the idiots we keep electing be in charge of any more of my money. They can't help themselves, everything turns into a billion dollar boondoggle, hell if our politicians went out for a box of doughnuts they'd come back with 7 stale cheese Danishes they somehow paid $850 for.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Credit where credit is due, if Pol Pot weren't such an asshole we'd probably not have a plethora of amazing doughnuts either https://la.eater.com/2020/10/23/21530687/donut-king-documentary-los-angeles-cambodian-refugee-morning-briefing

I'm not opposed to a high tax social democracy, I'm just opposed to letting the idiots we keep electing be in charge of any more of my money. They can't help themselves, everything turns into a billion dollar boondoggle, hell if our politicians went out for a box of doughnuts they'd come back with 7 stale cheese Danishes they somehow paid $850 for.
Yeah, they just spend it on stupid shit like universal free healthcare, free education, student salaries so poor kids can study, public transport and such. Not worth it. ;)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yeah, they just spend it on stupid shit like universal free healthcare, free education, student salaries so poor kids can study, public transport and such. Not worth it. ;)
Well sure, but first world countries have the advantage of not being filled with "Average Americans", so of course you guys have nice stuff.