Quantcast

someone convince me we're doing something about coyotes

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
50 taken into custody at West Phoenix drop house

but then we find how they were found:
A neighbor who noticed that something wasn't right called the police. That neighbor reportedly saw a van dropping people of and spotted at least one person running through the neighborhood. That person turned out to be a suspected coyote
isn't this a bit embarrassing for sheriff joe & his anti-illegal jihad?

i notice the main difference between scottsdale & phoenix is the illegals don't jaywalk up here.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
The fact that local citizens have enough faith in local law enforcement to call when something looks wrong? I would say that looks good on Arpaio...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
The fact that local citizens have enough faith in local law enforcement to call when something looks wrong? I would say that looks good on Arpaio...
you mean when people think our cuntry is run incompetently & tell teh prez & congress?

as much as i may agree philosophically w/ arpaio, he's ineffective & a racist jackass.

remind you of anyone?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I think coyotes are the guys that smuggle the mexicans in, not the mexicans themselves.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Sheriff Joe is pretty hilarious, because he basically has a private militia with planes, guns, and boats ready to roll out at a moment's notice to catch illegal immigrants.

However, the response time to 911 calls not related to illegal immigrants has risen dramatically, yet people still support what he does.

There is a difference between enforcing the laws and having a personal crusade at the expense of what you are supposed to be doing.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Nothing like enforcing the laws we already have huh?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-immig31-2008jul31,0,5003860.story

The administration began aggressively enforcing workplace laws after Congress last year failed to pass an immigration overhaul. In the months since, thousands of workers have been arrested in scores of raids.

Conservatives have applauded the tactics, while critics have pointed to mistaken arrests of U.S. citizens, deaths of immigrants in detention and limited scrutiny of managers who recruit and hire them.

However, evidence that the strategy may have succeeded in reducing the number of illegal immigrants was presented in a report Wednesday by a group favoring tighter curbs on all forms of immigration.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
There is a difference between enforcing the laws and having a personal crusade at the expense of what you are supposed to be doing.
at least someone is doing it. the border patrol have their hands tied with enforcement action so why not have a law enforcement official pay some attention to this major national security issue.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Also, the way he carries out the law is thuggish, for just a quick overview, look at wikipedia
well when you're expected to deal with thugs, sometimes you have to handle them as thugs.

here's an excerpt from a book i read recently, "On Killing" by Col. Grossman. this exerpt explains the 3 different types of people in society and shows why most "normal" citizens can't grasp or understand the mentality of those in law enforcement.

Entire exerpt here:
http://mwkworks.com/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

"Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident." This is true. Remember, the murder rate is six per 100,000 per year, and the aggravated assault rate is four per 1,000 per year. What this means is that the vast majority of Americans are not inclined to hurt one another. Some estimates say that two million Americans are victims of violent crimes every year, a tragic, staggering number, perhaps an all-time record rate of violent crime. But there are almost 300 million Americans, which means that the odds of being a victim of violent crime is considerably less than one in a hundred on any given year. Furthermore, since many violent crimes are committed by repeat offenders, the actual number of violent citizens is considerably less than two million.

Thus there is a paradox, and we must grasp both ends of the situation: We may well be in the most violent times in history, but violence is still remarkably rare. This is because most citizens are kind, decent people who are not capable of hurting each other, except by accident or under extreme provocation. They are sheep.

I mean nothing negative by calling them sheep. To me it is like the pretty, blue robin's egg. Inside it is soft and gooey but someday it will grow into something wonderful. But the egg cannot survive without its hard blue shell. Police officers, soldiers, and other warriors are like that shell, and someday the civilization they protect will grow into something wonderful.? For now, though, they need warriors to protect them from the predators.

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

If you have no capacity for violence then you are a healthy productive citizen, a sheep. If you have a capacity for violence and no empathy for your fellow citizens, then you have defined an aggressive sociopath, a wolf. But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? What do you have then? A sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero's path. Someone who can walk into the heart of darkness, into the universal human phobia, and walk out unscathed
.........The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheep dog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours.

Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn't tell them where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our airports in camouflage fatigues holding an M-16. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, "Baa."

Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.

read the entire article, it is VERY interesting and, as a cop, helps me to understand my role and why so many people just can't grasp the need for security, both local and national.

Last edited:

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
it must be true is it's on wikipedia!!!

:rofl:
Wikipedia has this cool thing where you can easily check the sources it gets information from at the bottom of the pages.

I know you won't read any of these links, but that does give a quick overview of the kinds of **** he and his department pulls

http://www.aclu.org/prison/conditions/14657prs20031204.html

http://www.aclu.org/immigrants/gen/36011prs20080716.html

http://www.aclu.org/immigrants/gen/35981res20080404.html

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/1999-04-15/news/murder-on-madison-the-norberg-remix/2

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/?sty=23162

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2008/06/arpaios_thugs_threaten_to_arre.php

well when you're expected to deal with thugs, sometimes you have to handle them as thugs.

here's an excerpt from a book i read recently, "On Killing" by Col. Grossman. this exerpt explains the 3 different types of people in society and shows why most "normal" citizens can't grasp or understand the mentality of those in law enforcement.

Entire exerpt here:
http://mwkworks.com/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

"Most of the people in our society are sheep. They are kind, gentle, productive creatures who can only hurt one another by accident." This is true. Remember, the murder rate is six per 100,000 per year, and the aggravated assault rate is four per 1,000 per year. What this means is that the vast majority of Americans are not inclined to hurt one another. Some estimates say that two million Americans are victims of violent crimes every year, a tragic, staggering number, perhaps an all-time record rate of violent crime. But there are almost 300 million Americans, which means that the odds of being a victim of violent crime is considerably less than one in a hundred on any given year. Furthermore, since many violent crimes are committed by repeat offenders, the actual number of violent citizens is considerably less than two million.

Thus there is a paradox, and we must grasp both ends of the situation: We may well be in the most violent times in history, but violence is still remarkably rare. This is because most citizens are kind, decent people who are not capable of hurting each other, except by accident or under extreme provocation. They are sheep.

I mean nothing negative by calling them sheep. To me it is like the pretty, blue robin's egg. Inside it is soft and gooey but someday it will grow into something wonderful. But the egg cannot survive without its hard blue shell. Police officers, soldiers, and other warriors are like that shell, and someday the civilization they protect will grow into something wonderful.? For now, though, they need warriors to protect them from the predators.

"Then there are the wolves," the old war veteran said, "and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy." Do you believe there are wolves out there who will feed on the flock without mercy? You better believe it. There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial.
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

If you have no capacity for violence then you are a healthy productive citizen, a sheep. If you have a capacity for violence and no empathy for your fellow citizens, then you have defined an aggressive sociopath, a wolf. But what if you have a capacity for violence, and a deep love for your fellow citizens? What do you have then? A sheepdog, a warrior, someone who is walking the hero's path. Someone who can walk into the heart of darkness, into the universal human phobia, and walk out unscathed
.........The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheep dog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours.

Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn't tell them where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our airports in camouflage fatigues holding an M-16. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, "Baa."

Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.

read the entire article, it is VERY interesting and, as a cop, helps me to understand my role and why so many people just can't grasp the need for security, both local and national.
There is a difference between security and gross abuses of power that we see.

Grossman believes that first person shooters are murder simulators, so take that for what you will.

People aren't against police officers that follow procedures and do their job, they are against people that abuse their position of power with no regards for the damage they inflict. They are against the "wolves" that are hiding in the "sheepdog"'s clothing.

I hesitate to use the terms wolves and sheepdogs because the world isn't black and white, and as the Milgram Experiment showed, a considerable number of people are willing to inflict pain on others. Most people aren't sheep as the article put it, incapable of killing except by accident, but more similar to a stem cell that can be turned into a killer if the right conditions are met.

By calling them wolves, it is justifying that since they are outside of the robin's egg, then it is fine to confront them without holding back.

Look at the cop that hit the bicyclist, he wasn't protecting society by knocking the bicyclist off, he was doing it out of spite for the person and/or their cause.

Last edited:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Manimal, your little homily there is fine and all but there's just a few little nitpicky things;
1- I'm not a f*cking robin man, I'm an eagle, soaring majestically....MAJESTICALLY MUTHAFUKKA.
2- Who's protecting the llamas? Right....didn't think so
Thanks for your time.