Quantcast

<<< Someone deserves a Donut GMT °°° >>>

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, my beautiful friends!! xoxoxo I was going to run early, but it's raining and I was in bed. I think I'll do that during the 10:00-11:00 conference call time that is on my work calendar that I have no intention of joining. I am disappointed in myself for getting so much work done the past 90 minutes. I can slack better than that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work.

Couldn't get the clutch to slip at all this morning, even up a long steep hill in 3rd gear and below 3000rpm. Is there anything else that could create the same symptoms of a slipping clutch? :confused:

If it is the clutch, I might be good with cash for it, as I got a check last night from the estate of a deceased relative. Its taken 3 years for that whole shit show to settle! Long story short, my grandma died some years ago and everything went to her husband, who she married decades ago. That dude basically screwed off and remarried - when he died he gave two houses and 90% of the cash to that new family, essentially leaving my mom and her sisters with nothing (two of her sister were literally given $0). No one is sure what happened with my grandma's estate....

Coffeeing it now.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Had WiFi then VPN issues, now I can slack once I got that corrected. Short day today, then swapping trucks and start work.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning. Inch of fresh snow overnight. Gray sky. Meh.

Working today so long as I can get people to pick up the phone. Otherwise laying down storage wax on skis and trying to install cush core in some wheels.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Couldn't get the clutch to slip at all this morning, even up a long steep hill in 3rd gear and below 3000rpm. Is there anything else that could create the same symptoms of a slipping clutch? :confused:
How's your transmission fluid level? Ever had it changed? Transmissions can act funny if the fluid is low.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
How's your transmission fluid level? Ever had it changed? Transmissions can act funny if the fluid is low.
I've no clue to be honest...don't even know how to check or if there is a dipstick on it hah. Would the fluid affect a manual transmission car (other than general lubrication), I thought it was more of a crucial thing in automatics?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a beautiful voice passed....hope you all have a good one...

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
I've no clue to be honest...don't even know how to check or if there is a dipstick on it hah. Would the fluid affect a manual transmission car (other than general lubrication), I thought it was more of a crucial thing in automatics?
Manual Trans. will be a sealed case, like Lamborghini had once had with their entire engine block and gearbox. All for lubrication and cooling.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I am beyond fuckin bored.......

This flippin quarantine and wait for covid test to come back sucks......
Specially when rhe original provider refused the test to begin with, and you suddenly remember its the provider that was fired from your facility for malpractice...... then the county health department orders the test later that day due to what you do for a living(this past sunday), then thursday rolls, no results, only to find out the original provider cancelled the test after the sample was taken because "I already said no"....... to having to go back in and be retested........

Did I mention this test sucks....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
More critical sure, but transmissions in general act funny if the fluid is low. Not sure about your car, but it may have a fill plug on the housing you can pull and check the level.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am beyond fuckin bored.......

This flippin quarantine and wait for covid test to come back sucks......
Specially when rhe original provider refused the test to begin with, and you suddenly remember its the provider that was fired from your facility for malpractice...... then the county health department orders the test later that day due to what you do for a living(this past sunday), then thursday rolls, no results, only to find out the original provider cancelled the test after the sample was taken because "I already said no"....... to having to go back in and be retested........

Did I mention this test sucks....

Did you get the tickle stick jammed down your throat?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I’ve been pretty happy that my health has been okay through this. The last thing I need is to go to a doctor for the various annoying things I occasionally have to deal with. Not critical, but annoying.

Today my low back pinched and spasmed. It’s not bad, but it’s noticeable. Normally a massage or two would fix me up. Acupuncture is also helpful. Both of those are out.