Quantcast

someone left a bike in my backyard.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I got up this morning, I'm drinking my coffee and I see a mtn. bike in the back yard. it's not locked up but the front wheel is off and next to the bike/frame like it would be if locked. it's leaning against a post.

It was either put there during the night (doubt it) or during the day, yesterday. I didn't get home until after dark so I wouldn't have seen it (which is why I don't think it was put there last night, it's dark back there..)

I looked around for somebody sleeping/passed out but saw no one. checked my phone for a message (maybe a friend had to drop it off..?) I don't think i've ever seen this bike before.

it's a Gary Fisher from probably 15 or so years ago. it has skinny rims and rigid, curved forks, cantilever brakes and a rack over the rear tire. oh, and bar end things, and CLIP pedals. (the ones with the cage to hold your foot in.)

I am half tempted to throw it into the street/front yard. I don't like people being in my back yard.....

* ok, now that I think of it, it MAY be a friends of mine (more like friend of a friend of a ....) who I spoke to while really really drunk at a party months ago. ahahaha, she wanted me to give it the look over so she could ride it. ahahahahah, oh man. that would have sucked to put it in the front yard... yep, I bet that's whos bike that is...guess i'll bring it in my house.. :rolleyes:

(see, still on my first cup of coffee.... :dead: )

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
pnj said:
I got up this morning, I'm drinking my coffee and I see a mtn. bike in the back yard. it's not locked up but the front wheel is off and next to the bike/frame like it would be if locked. it's leaning against a post.

It was either put there during the night (doubt it) or during the day, yesterday. I didn't get home until after dark so I wouldn't have seen it (which is why I don't think it was put there last night, it's dark back there..)

I looked around for somebody sleeping/passed out but saw no one. checked my phone for a message (maybe a friend had to drop it off..?) I don't think i've ever seen this bike before.

it's a Gary Fisher from probably 15 or so years ago. it has skinny rims and rigid, curved forks, cantilever brakes and a rack over the rear tire. oh, and bar end things, and CLIP pedals. (the ones with the cage to hold your foot in.)

I am half tempted to throw it into the street/front yard. I don't like people being in my back yard.....

* ok, now that I think of it, it MAY be a friends of mine (more like friend of a friend of a ....) who I spoke to while really really drunk at a party months ago. ahahaha, she wanted me to give it the look over so she could ride it. ahahahahah, oh man. that would have sucked to put it in the front yard... yep, I bet that's whos bike that is...guess i'll bring it in my house.. :rolleyes:

(see, still on my first cup of coffee.... :dead: )
It's a gift from the new car gods..???

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
TreeSaw said:
LOL! That's funny! The most exciting things in my backyard are the wildlife!
the 'wildlife' in my last back yard was gang members, passed out drunks (often w/ their pants around their ankles), crack whores and other such animals.

I like our new backyard better....