Quantcast

Someone steals bike cop's bike

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Mountain bike stolen from Brockton cop
By Maureen Boyle, Enterprise staff writer

BROCKTON — Officer Frank Czarnowski will be putting just one foot to the pedal these days.

That is because the Brockton police officer will patrol the city behind the wheel of a cruiser after the mountain bike he usually rides was stolen.

Czarnowski, a bike cop, left his bike outside a Petronelli Way gym Tuesday night to help another officer and when he returned, the $1,000 bike was not there, said Lt. John Crowley, chief of detectives.

"At first he thought someone was playing a joke on him," Crowley said.

But a quick call to the police station put the brakes on that idea.

Instead, a fellow officer swung by and gave the tireless Czarnowski a lift back to the station in a cruiser.

The Cannondale mountain bike is emblazoned with the words, "Brockton police." The officer's water bottle with his nickname on it, "Z-man," was also stolen.

Police are now trying to find the bike.

File that under the turning wheels of justice.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Tenchiro said:
I guess there is a first time for everything... :oink:
Yeah funny how when your $5000 downhill bike gets stolen, they are like "we don't have time to look for it and it most likely won't be found"...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have to say that is a bold move on someones part to steal a cops bike. What it didn't say was if he had locked it up or not. I'm guessing not and maybe he'll learn from this :D

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Echo said:
Yeah funny how when your $5000 downhill bike gets stolen, they are like "we don't have time to look for it and it most likely won't be found"...
That's because the bike itself is an officer, just like the dog. I mean my bike has a personality, a soul. Why not a cop's bike? They have a kidnapped officer they are looking for! pEace!