Quantcast

something is wrong with my monkey

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
For the last day when i view RM from one user profile on my computer I see what looks like HTML tags instead of pics. I have been adblocking a lot of stuff lately and may have messed something up that way. but i went back through the list and don't see anything out of order.

Any suggestions?

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
It's Firefox 1.0. I have been using the same version for a couple weeks. It is only a problem that started about 2 days ago. And it does not happen with other sites. IE loads it fine. And when I use the same version on the same computer but under a different profile (i use this laptop at work and home and pretend it's not the same computer), the problem is not there.

Another characteristic is that no jpg will load from ridemonkey. in the place of an avatar it says "66's avatar". or this

It's frustrating because i do not like IE. anyway. thanks to anyone with a suggestion.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
For the last day when i view RM from one user profile on my computer I see what looks like HTML tags instead of pics. I have been adblocking a lot of stuff lately and may have messed something up that way
It sounds like your issue is with something you are screening with Adblock. Try removing the entries one by one and checking the page to see if anything has changed. Specifically, any scripts that you may have blocked.

If your problem is real bad, from the "Tools" dropdown, go to "Adblock" then "Preferences", and remove everything you have it blocking, and start fresh.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
splat said:
That isan easy one
Go to tools --options
on the left side click on "web Features"

Make sure the "load Image " box is checked.

I unchecked mine and it did exactly as you described
That could also be part of the solution, but with the "Load Images" button unchecked, I don't believe there would be any images loaded. The pictures / images / ads should all be a link. From the screenshots above, looks like he is still seeing some ads. :think:

splat

Nam I am
berkshire_rider said:
That could also be part of the solution, but with the "Load Images" button unchecked, I don't believe there would be any images loaded. The pictures / images / ads should all be a link. From the screenshots above, looks like he is still seeing some ads. :think:
I was still seeing the ads after I unchecked it . try it .

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
it is fixed. I feel silly for not figuring it out. for some reason Ridemonkey was one of 3 sites that were under the exceptions of the "load images" and marked as block. I deffinatly did not go in there and do that. Maybe my GF want's me to get off RM. Well it didn't work. hahahahahaha