Quantcast

Something I've noticed about women...

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Well, if a girl is just visually unattractive, but she is witty, intelligent, funny, etc... that can be tolerable under some circumstances. I mean I'd never talk to one when anyone I knew was around, but you know what I mean.
Sadly, most of what comes out of the semi's or butter's faces is crap like this:

-Like, I totally like got these really neat new sunglasses the other day at the mall!

-Like, OMG that girl is so fat!

-Like, I totally love to shop.

-Like, I'll have a salad, because that's like all I eat. I have like no idea how these bags of fat got attached to my ass.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sadly, most of what comes out of the semi's or butter's faces is crap like this:

-Like, I totally like got these really neat new sunglasses the other day at the mall!

-Like, I'll have a salad, because that's like all I eat. I have like no idea how these bags of fat got attached to my ass.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Well, if a girl is just visually unattractive, but she is witty, intelligent, funny, etc... that can be tolerable under some circumstances. I mean I'd never talk to one when anyone I knew was around, but you know what I mean.
Or when you are slobbering drunk having the "Worst night of my life." :biggrin:

Burly starts the best Lounge threads. This one is full of win.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Verbose conversations among vapid females are not limited to the unattractive. I've met plenty of women whom I thought were smokin hot until they began to speak.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Call it caty but I work on a college campus. I hear this dialog daily. It pains me.

Verbose conversations among vapid females are not limited to the unattractive. I've met plenty of women whom I thought were smokin hot until they began to speak.
I agree, but there is little more entertaining than a fat girl calling another girl fat.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
You all should be ashamed at how this once-serious sociological discussion has denigrated.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
You all should be ashamed at how this once-serious sociological discussion has denigrated.
Right. Right. So, WTF is up with "skinny" jeans? Seriously. Why do they call them skinny jeans when they even make skinny girls look hefty? And why do girls with large stomachs insist on wearing skinny jeans with short shirts? And ugs. Why!!!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Even the more corpulent ones in the south tend to think they are super models and try to dress accordingly.

Evidently there are no mirrors or a voice of reason where they reside.
I noticed this about Santa Barbara (Isla Vista, specifically), people on the beach wearing far less than they should have been.

Ugliest 18-25 female sampling I've seen to date.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
You don't have to deal with it if you ignore it.
I theory yes, but it's still there, and sometimes having to deal with it is unavoidable because it drives people actions in every day life like at work, ect.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I agree, the one thing I notice is that the semi's are loud as hell for some reason. I as sitting at an outside bar the other day when this quasi-attractive girl started talking to a couple next to us, and this bitch was loud enough to wake the dead.

Finally the wife piped up "Why is it the butterfaces are always the loudest cvnts in the room?" The girl promptly stfu. About five minutes later she was commenting to her I guess boyfriend about how she was sad because people were being rude to her. This prompted another "Listen, you don't always have to be the loudest bitch in the room for men to notice you. Go get some new tits and you won't have to even speak" from my wife.

The butterface stomped down the road in a huff. We had a great laugh.

..you sitting near her???!!!!!

:eek:

knittingfiend

Monkey
Jun 13, 2008
A tick north of Seattle
From a chick perspective, the other most annoying thing about most women is the uber competitive BS that you have to deal with 99% of the time. Insecure crap. It gets old.

Amen and hallelujah to that!
I'm a chick. I'm married to a dude. But I, on occassion, like to do go for rides with other chicks-- off the local "ride" board. Meet some new people, check out the trails. Well, I did that exactly ONCE before the competitive BS just over-took any fun to be had...I didn't know we were trying to see who can get UP the hill the fastest on the biggest bike, I thought we're just out to ride the trails and meet new people. You got something to "prove", go pay an entry fee and "prove" yourself. :rant:
But it's always couched in this pseudo-"ignorance" BS that says, "I'm not competitive, I'm just making sure I'm better than you." (blink, blink).
It was a total drag.....

Chicks, man...:crazy:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I'm a chick. I'm married to a dude. But I, on occassion, like to do go for rides with other chicks-- off the local "ride" board. Meet some new people, check out the trails. Well, I did that exactly ONCE before the competitive BS just over-took any fun to be had...I didn't know we were trying to see who can get UP the hill the fastest on the biggest bike, I thought we're just out to ride the trails and meet new people. You got something to "prove", go pay an entry fee and "prove" yourself. :rant:
But it's always couched in this pseudo-"ignorance" BS that says, "I'm not competitive, I'm just making sure I'm better than you." (blink, blink).
It was a total drag.....

What's wrong with wanting to be the fastest? Sometimes it's fun to win whether anyone else knows you are racing or not.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
It was a total drag.....

I agree that when people organize a get to know you group ride and pull the I'm racing you crap is silly. It's one thing if it's your regular group you all know what your in for, but an open invite "let's meet new people" ride shouldn't end up being an ego fest.

What's wrong with wanting to be the fastest? Sometimes it's fun to win whether anyone else knows you are racing or not.
A little on trail competition is fine, but the problem I have run into is when women are unwilling to let you go by when you have been riding their rear tire down the last mile of singletrack. I have even taken the approach of saying, "do you mind if I sneak by when you get a good spot to let me by? I'll do the same when you need to pass me on that last long climb." A lot of women won't let you by, and the other half who begrudgingly do let you by jump right in front of you again on the next technical descent. WTF?? When I ride with my guy friends it doesn't seem like anyone has any problem just taking off in order of ability level as to not get in each others way. Why can't chicks do this?

When I'm not as fast on the climbs I let other people go by so courtesy the other way would be appreciated.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I agree that when people organize a get to know you group ride and pull the I'm racing you crap is silly. It's one thing if it's your regular group you all know what your in for, but an open invite "let's meet new people" ride shouldn't end up being an ego fest.

A little on trail competition is fine, but the problem I have run into is when women are unwilling to let you go by when you have been riding their rear tire down the last mile of singletrack. I have even taken the approach of saying, "do you mind if I sneak by when you get a good spot to let me by? I'll do the same when you need to pass me on that last long climb." A lot of women won't let you by, and the other half who begrudgingly do let you by jump right in front of you again on the next technical descent. WTF?? When I ride with my guy friends it doesn't seem like anyone has any problem just taking off in order of ability level as to not get in each others way. Why can't chicks do this?

When I'm not as fast on the climbs I let other people go by so courtesy the other way would be appreciated.

Well I can't speak to this because I never get to ride with other women.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Well I can't speak to this because I never get to ride with other women.
It's not all it's cracked up to be! :biggrin: There are a couple women's group rides around where I live, but those are were the lack of trail manners are worst. I have a handful of female riding friends that kick ass and don't play into the BS. But it seems we are the minority.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction

I didn't know that you had ridden with Loco. :biggrin:

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
It was a total drag.....

Yeah. The less secure women are in their abilities/looks/how they define themselves, the more petty and competitive they tend to be, it seems.

Ya know, I just like to ride my bike. I like a challenge, but I'm going to cheer you on, whether I fade out on the climb and you pass me or whether I ride across the skinny and then double back to coach you across.

A lot of women are über-competitive, and it seems they have to be shut down before they become pleasant.

I ride with guys most of the time, but recently a couple girls joined us for our regular ride. The one girl would not shut up, whether she was making commentary on her nipples (I kid you not) or how easy such-and-such trail is for her. My regular riding buddy who knew her better than me attributed it to her "acting out" because I was there. ???

As we approached a climb that I have only made a handful of times, and said I needed to prepare for, she commented, "Oh, you guys think [this short climb] is challenging? I usually do it in my middle ring..." Yes, she really said it. I just sighed and spun my way up.

It wasn't till I cleaned a stream crossing that none of the guys could do and none of the women even attempted that she shut up. Recognizing her silence as a cue that she probably didn't feel like she needed to prove anything to me (and should perhaps stop trying), I took to opportunity to ride next to her and strike up a conversation. I asked her about her work, rides she liked, and we had a pleasant conversation. She even suggested that I join her and her friends on an upcoming trip to Sedona. I thanked her with a smile and secretly thought, "Not on your life."

I'd ridden with her two or three times prior to that, but she was not very polite or pleasant until... I don't know... she decided she was not going to compete with me. Then everything was cool. I'm so glad. Sure, I'd ride with her again, but I don't think I could sit in a car for 8 hours with someone who talks so much.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
I blame it on the mensies.
So what is up with guys what are all emotional and volatile? Would that be the MANsies?

Edit: The more I think about this, the more I like it.
Person 1: "WTF is his problem??"
Person 2: "Ignore him, he's man-struating."

Last edited:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
This has just turned into my little *itch fest hasn't it? Well, here's another one that miffs me. Have any of you other girls been insulted by other women for "oh my god how could you allow yourself to be gender stereotyped" by wearing any sort of pink while riding, or having any sort of pink on your bike, or OMG wearing more feminine bike clothes?

Would that be the MANsies?
Ha! :clapping:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So what is up with guys what are all emotional and volatile? Would that be the MANsies?

Edit: The more I think about this, the more I like it.
Person 1: "WTF is his problem??"
Person 2: "Ignore him, he's man-struating."
Manstrating is often used when friends back out of rides.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
This has just turned into my little *itch fest hasn't it? Well, here's another one that miffs me. Have any of you other girls been insulted by other women for "oh my god how could you allow yourself to be gender stereotyped" by wearing any sort of pink while riding, or having any sort of pink on your bike, or OMG wearing more feminine bike clothes?

Ha! :clapping:
HAHA! It wasn't till I became more confident that I wore pink AT ALL. Now I curl my hair before the DH race. :D

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I did this large organized ride here in So Cal this past Spring. There were several hundred of us riding somewhere between 45 and 55-ish miles, with a decent mix of male and female riders. After having finished the opening climb and about an hour into it, I came across a female rider who had a sweet looking pink bike. I mean, this baby had pink everything, frame, hubs, saddle, grips, you name. To think that she "gave in to the female stereotype" could not have been further from my mind.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
That is pretty annoying. It's ok though, I hate "feminists" and they hate me.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
wow...i'm clearly missing out since i ride alone. :banghead: :biggrin:

if this is what i have to look forward to perhaps i'll stick to that. j/k

but really...i could care less who is better or worse, in pink or in black attire...although i wondered on one of those hot days whether it was considered appropriate to ride in my properly fitted halter top...but that's left for a different thread. :biggrin:

i can't wait to learn as much as possible from riding with all sorts of levels of ability. the only person i've been able to hook up with for a couple of rides here has been a guy and his endurance is a little under mine and his skills probably just a hair better...when we get to climbs that i wanna try and make i tell him and try and then wait at the top...and if there are tech areas he wants to try it's the same scenario. and it's a great ride. but at the same time i'd love to ride with someone with more experience and endurance so that i could push myself harder.

i think the only riding competition i will be a part of is one with myself.

:cheers:

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
i wondered on one of those hot days whether it was considered appropriate to ride in my properly fitted halter top...
This is a great question. Good for you for having the courage to ask.

Women are rare enough on the trail or in the bike scene, that just showing up with a bike gets you style points. As a female, I don't care what you wear, but if you are in a sports bra, you'd better be serious about your riding and not looking for a date, because if you flirt with boys on the trail while wearing minimal clothing, I will be tempted to write you off as trolling for dates and not really there to ride.

If you are just one of those girls who loves to feel cute and pretty, and wears a bit of makeup and cute clothes because you love it and not because you're trying to catch some bikerboy's attention, it will show, and few people will really care. They'll figure you're there to ride, you're just a little eccentric about your attire.

My problem with women who ride in sports bras and flirt on the trail is this: Women cyclists ALREADY have to work for acceptance amongst the male cycling crowd. We have to be tough and capable and courageous. We have to break out of female stereotypes. Women who come in and REINFORCE the stereotype only hurt the cause of being seen as a CYCLIST (riding buddy/friend) first and a WOMAN (target/hook-up) second. It's unfortunate, but usually true.

You should probably choose: Do you wish to be seen as a buddy with no immediate action taken on possible sexual attraction, or do you wish to be seen as a potential good time after the trail ride? I'd say, unless you know the people you're riding with really well, dress for the part.

Mountain bike clothing covers more of your body because it's there to protect you.

One final note: If you show up for a trail ride wearing a sports bra and a bare mid-section, or if you're a guy and wear no shirt / go sleeveless, please be fairly young and chiseled, because I don't want to be looking at your aging, sagging skin if I happen to be riding behind you.

/old chick
//only go sleeveless if I've been hitting the gym