Quantcast

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
My old BREW converted to a SS rig. Thanks to Loco for the tensioner rear wheel and help.

My new Jamis Dakar Comp. I purchased the frame around Christmas and have been acquiring parts over the last 6 months. Still wouldn't be done witout some parts help from Loco.

Should come in less than $1500 when totally finished:
Jamis Dakar Frame w/float R
120 mm Marathon S(coil)
Full XT
Magura Louise Brakes
Thomson post and stem, Titec bars
Wheels will be Hope bulbs w/519(r) and 317(f) -- current rear off the Banshee and front from Loco.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
SWEET stuff dude! Monkey on the down tube. Monkey on the down tube.
that dakar with the carbon rear stay is kind of neat. how it is?

i've almost got the x ready to go. i've roughed it in and taking to the shop at lunch to fine tune it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nice bikes! Is that a Surly Singulator on the brew? could it push the chain up to provide tension instead of down? I think I read on mtbr.com where that's a more effective way to run the Singulator.

Hot bikes Wumpus!!!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
MMcG said:
Nice bikes! Is that a Surly Singulator on the brew? could it push the chain up to provide tension instead of down? I think I read on mtbr.com where that's a more effective way to run the Singulator.

Hot bikes Wumpus!!!
Loco only had a down spring left. Going to try it and if doesn't work I'll by a new singulator.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
From the king monkey.*

*(RM was Loco secret santa.)
I put mine up high on the down tube. The bikeys look nice. Post a pic with the silver wheels.

*where the hell are Julie's pedals??? :D