Quantcast

Something Really ****ty Happened at the Trail Today:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
So today myself and a few of the other local riders went out to scout some new terrain. We parked at a trailhead that is very popular for not only mountain biking but also, how shall I say, "alternative lifestyles" type folks to get nasty in the bushes. I dont personally appreciate that this area is used for this because its a family area and there's alot of kids who go there to ride and whatever. Its just not appropriate.
Anyway, as we were leaving we saw a guy also going into the woods on his bike to get in a ride. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Well, the scouting went good and we think we may have a new area to build some freeridey type stuff, and thats a very good thing, because nashville has none of it. We spent about two hours walking around looking at different lines and areas to build stuff.
As we came back out to the parking lot, the guy on the bike was also returning from his ride. He came over to us to say "hello" and as he turned to go back to his car, and this is what he saw.

Yeah, he was pretty pissed.
People around here tend to get upset with what's going on in this public area, but this case of mistaken identity really sucks for this rider. His car was ****ed. Its pretty ****ty that people go around vandalizing other peoples cars for any reason, but wow. Just wow.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
People can be assholes. There are three things you can NEVER f-with: a man's bike, his woman, or his car. Violate any one of those three and you're in for an ass-whoopin'.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
bluebug32 said:
Has Brian been vacationing in TN lately? We've got plenty of jacked avatars to back up his work :think:
Thanks for bastardizing this thread too. Real great.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Wow, gotta love the work of a homophobe. The best part, is the jail time for doing what he did should he be caught, is probably much longer then the jailtime for fornicatin' in the bushes.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Wow that is terrible. I would be very upset if that happened to me, do you think you could get people to petition to maybe have police swing by the area more or something to help regulate this kind of stuff?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
GumbaFish said:
Wow that is terrible. I would be very upset if that happened to me, do you think you could get people to petition to maybe have police swing by the area more or something to help regulate this kind of stuff?
That has been done and police supposedly have been going down there alot more. They even posted big signs saying something about "Lude Behavior is a Crime" and some other stuff. Latest I heard was that they were going to put in cameras to watch the lot. That will help alot I think.

Its pretty horrible when you go down there to ride and have a bunch of pervs watching you as you get ready for a ride.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
kidwoo said:
Why?

I'm a great lover and I give her pleasure nightly. Since pops died of anthrax from helpin the sheep over the fence, her life's been pretty good actually.
:trophy_br

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
bluebug32 said:
Has Brian been vacationing in TN lately? We've got plenty of jacked avatars to back up his work :think:
You really are funny, just cause I joke and say your boyfriend is gay doesn't mean I hate gay people. Get a life little girl. I have nothing against gay people at all, just your boyfriend.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
BurlyShirley said:
So today myself and a few of the other local riders went out to scout some new terrain. We parked at a trailhead that is very popular for not only mountain biking but also, how shall I say, "alternative lifestyles" type folks to get nasty in the bushes. I dont personally appreciate that this area is used for this because its a family area and there's alot of kids who go there to ride and whatever. Its just not appropriate.
Anyway, as we were leaving we saw a guy also going into the woods on his bike to get in a ride. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Well, the scouting went good and we think we may have a new area to build some freeridey type stuff, and thats a very good thing, because nashville has none of it. We spent about two hours walking around looking at different lines and areas to build stuff.
As we came back out to the parking lot, the guy on the bike was also returning from his ride. He came over to us to say "hello" and as he turned to go back to his car, and this is what he saw.

People around here tend to get upset with what's going on in this public area, but this case of mistaken identity really sucks for this rider. His car was ****ed. Its pretty ****ty that people go around vandalizing other peoples cars for any reason, but wow. Just wow.
The good thing it should be able to be removed. A neighbor of mine had his truck vandalized and he used this cleaner that took off all the spray paint and didn't harm the finish.

J

JRB

Wow - that is the suck, Burly. I hope you guys get it ironed out. There is a park in Waco that has the same activity on the trails at night. It makes night riding creepy there. There is a place in Austin, and the gay folks want it to be there place, so tacks appear mysteriously nearly every spring. I don't even like to come across kids shaggin' on the trails just for the reasons you listed. Why go chance having a kid see you??? It just seems lame.

Bummer for holmes' truck. Was that a Trance he was riding???

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
The good thing if it should be able to be removed. A neighbor of mine had his truck vandalized and he used this cleaner that took off all the spray paint and didn't harm the finish.
It still sucks though. I hope whoever did it gets their nuts burned off by a road flare. :redhot:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
loco said:
It still sucks though. I hope whoever did it gets their nuts burned off by a road flare. :redhot:
Big time!!!!! I think part of the problem is guys wearing spandex riding shorts. The local rednecks seem to have issues with that, which I believe fuels the fire even more.

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
Big time!!!!! The problem is also guys wearing spandex riding shorts. The local rednecks seem to have issues with that too, which I believe fuel the fire even more.
I love when I am on the road bike and bump into my farmer/cowboy friends. That get all "brokeback mountain" kind of scared. hahahaha Dumb asses.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Thats effed on two levels. One that people are shagging in the bushes where kids may be. and two that some guy thought the best way to deal with it was to spray pait a guy's car. Sure it will come off, but the dude has to drive around like that untill he has time to get it off.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
thats freakin bull sh1t... i d like to catch someone doing that to a vehicle... they d have to have the can surgically removed from their back passage...

obviously some very small minded people down that way...

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
poor 100:(

Will spray paint like stick to the car though, like maybe cause the auto paint is smooth and tougher you can the spray off with out damaging the paint job.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
BurlyShirley said:
People suck. A couple of years ago my wife had her first brand new car ever and some jackhole keyed it in the parking lot of the mall while she was at work. Nice.

I can only imagine the internal dialogue this person (probably one of the local punk kids) was having before doing it. "Hey! Look at that shiny new, bright blue, sporty-looking car. I wish I could have one. I guess since I can't I'll key this one." Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech. All the way from the front fender to the rear door.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
We've got similar issues at a few parks in Knoxville. Most are less used and secluded parks, but one has a nice little network of single track and its litterally minutes from downtown/campus. I.C. King Park (aka I.C. Queens) There are many stories I've heard, but the worst thats happened to me is just getting eye-humped as I change after a ride and two guys walking hand-in-hand smoking cigarettes on the trail..........but a few friends have seen much much worse.

The city has started patroling the area more, even w/ horses. But the concentration just moves from one park/area to another until the heat dies down, its kind of silly really. And some local hoodlums pick up on it and a few cars have been broken into in the lot.

On a last note, there is a huge difference between the gay community and the cats who do this in a park. These guys are usually the ones w/ families and wives at home.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
:sigh: arent people just wonderful... i dont get it.. live and let live
i would love to catch someone doing something like that ..just once...

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
That's really bad; it's hard to believe that people can be that stupid. Were any other cars vandilized? Hopefully, he looked on the bright side, his car wasn't totally smashed up. Imgaine if the vandals would have slashed some tires, broken windows, and dented his car. The paint will come off with a product call "Goof." Still a terrible thing to deal with...no doubt about it.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
thats nothin you ought to go to Hick Park in hickory if ya wanna see some in thew woods gay stuff going on. its the grossest thing ever these middle age predominantly married men driving from parking lot to parking lot or sittin there in their cars waiting for someone at which point they either sneak off into the woods or go into the park bathroom area. Its absolutely nasty. We have had several run ins with them that were not productive at all but we have found out that they scare veryt easily. we actually had a running list of license plate numbers written down to report but nothing came of it.

now i have nothing against being gay but these guys are just dirty adulterous perverts gettin their freak on in public bathrooms and at trail heads.

i have found the best thing to do is just ride around the parking lot draggin a shovel around in my hand on my bike getting real close to their cars where they sitting and waiting. it usually at least gets them to go to the other parking lot.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Weird one of the local parks by me has some sketchy fellows that are said to behave in this way as well. I mean being gay is fine by me, but please don't sit around in a car watching me as I get my gear together or go hump in the woods.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
GumbaFish said:
Weird one of the local parks by me has some sketchy fellows that are said to behave in this way as well. I mean being gay is fine by me, but please don't sit around in a car watching me as I get my gear together or go hump in the woods.
i am right there with ya gumba. just think about it next time you bend over to put your pads on. there is a pervert in a car having eyeball sex with you.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
GumbaFish said:
It has nothing to do with homosexual or heterosexual, when people are having orgies in public places, it’s not always a good scene. Believe me, women who would be willing to have sex in a public park, aren’t anything you would want to look at…

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I agree either is unacceptable. However I found it weird that several people have mentioned that this sort of thing happens near them and they were all gay couples, and it also happens near me. It is also unacceptable that somebody spray painted somebody's car just because they thought they were gay. A park is no place for sex, and personally I also don't even appreciate some dirty old man eyeballing me either but I can't really stop them from doing that I suppose without some sort of altercation.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't care if the AVN had their after-party at that spot. That kind of crap is unacceptable, period. This is the kind of loser who shoots up gay bars.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
biggins said:
i am right there with ya gumba. just think about it next time you bend over to put your pads on. there is a pervert in a car having eyeball sex with you.
it sounds like you have been thinking a lot about it too... are you panting as you type this? :nonono:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
sanjuro said:
I don't care if the AVN had their after-party at that spot. That kind of crap is unacceptable, period. This is the kind of loser who shoots up gay bars.
vandalism is vandalism... 2 wrongs dont make a right!!! if someone was pissed at people partaking in inappropriate behavior, then there are actions that can be taken... but to vandalize a car? come on!!!:nonono: that is BS, and I dont mean Burley.