Quantcast

Something smells...fishy....STOLEN BIKE?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON CRAIGSLIST

i just contacted the guy (dave at BBB) and it's definately his bike. I contacted the seller hoping to take a look at it, but i'll take dave with me if it works out.

PLEASE KEEP THIS QUIET. The dude selling it probably had no idea what a "mountain bike website" is, but regardless, i don't want it getting out before we can nab the guy. If you'd do me a favor, flag the posts that say
RE: Intense M3 yadda yadaa. If the seller doesn't know people are on to him, he won't take it down.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Just for excitement i decided to contact the guy on craiglist. i figure a few hour head start would provide some good dramatic chase stories, for us here on the monkey. :)

c'mon y'know i didn't....... ;)

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Too bad I think on craigslist, people have already posted outing the seller as a theif. Hopefully the theif hasn't gone into hiding yet so the dude can get his bike back.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Yeah, anyone with some time should flag those other posts about the bike as being "prohibited" so that they get taken down. If the thief were to see them he could go into hiding.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I didn't see anything on CL other than the original post? Where are the posts outing him? :confused:

Good luck to Dave getting it back!!!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
they're just above his post, under bikes. They should be there.

Could you do me another favor and post on MTBR and busted spoke NOT to contact the seller? It may already be too late, but i don't want anyone to know what's going on until it happens.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
okay I read the flags and all they say is the listing is suspicious nothing is said about this bike belonging to Dave.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I am waiting to hear back from the guy. I'm praying he replies, because then we might be able to find out where he is, and get the bike back to dave.

MAN that would make my day. It's no longer pink though, but it'll probably still make his day too.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
The seller reposted the listing on Craigslist today, so I guess they weren't scared off by all the other posts warning that it could have been possibly stolen.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
The ad got removed, and now it's back up. The seller won't respond to emails, which is the weirdest thing. Both Dave and I have tried emailing the guy, and he hasn't responded to either. I'm not sure why he would post it if it weren't for sale....

Anyways, if he can get a warrant, craigslist will release all the info they have so they can pursue the criminal...but apparently that has been a problem getting the detective to show.

One thing I didn't know, there was a reward out for the bike...he says he'll employee purchase me a bike, if I want to...I'll have to see what kind of fundage I have, but I'm hoping he gets his ride back.