Quantcast

Something utterly amazing just happened. I pedaled my bike.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
So almost 3 months after the utter destruction of my right knee in Whistler I decided to pull the AM bike out and pedal around my neighborhood then over to the bike shop about a mile away. Couple laps around the block up/down hills. Some skids. It felt awesome to be rolling around.

You can see how totally swollen my right knee is still, theres alot of fluid there im hoping to get drained this friday.

Last edited:

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
Awesome! Take it easy, don't do anything stupid and do 10 times as much physio as they tell you to do.
In my experience (1 knee, 3 elbow, 1 shoulder surgeries ), not taking pain meds, help you push it sooner. You'll really know when you go to far. When you take pain meds it is easy to over shoot it and mess it up.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Thanks guys!

I havent taken pain meds since the initial hospital visit's 20 or so vicodin pills. I have no plans to get out and really ride. We just had a fair bit of irregular portland sunshine and if felt like a good time to get out and just see if I can pedal. Just some regular old riding around on the street today for me.

Really feels amazing to be able to get back on the bike, even if just to ride down the block.

I have my next ortho appointment Friday to lay out physio plans. Doc gave me the green light to ride the bike on the road if my range of motion didn't hurt or hinder me.

I have alot of fluid on the knee right now that's limiting my ROM and hopefully get it drained.

No surgery yet, I have to wait to get back to work and insured before I can even think about that as a viable option.