Quantcast

Something very interesting from Ellsworth!

mr-biker

Chimp
Nov 13, 2008
Ireland
Some info for you guys

Ellsworth have a indepth tutorial about their ICT design, they also compare it to the vpp, fsr and faux designs incorporating chain forces.

It is very interesting.

Go to http://www.ellsworthbikes.com

Click on the technology tab, then click the "more about ICT>>" link.

Tell me what your opinions are on the comparisons

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Well I'm still quite sure my lapierre fps2 is 3.522134% better than ICT on rough and bumpy marketing crap. Put an avy on that and the numers go even higher...

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Look honestly don't even bother reading it... there isn't any technical merit to their claims or comparisons, it's just marketing babble designed to tell you their suspension is perfect and better than everyone else's. You won't learn anything useful from studying that stuff.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Don't hate on Ellsworth just because they make the best bikes known to ELLSWORTH.

Fixed for ya. :)

Just a joke. I dont think their bikes are too bad. It was their CS that was lacking. The Rogue and Dare are actually pretty sweet bikes.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Cool piece of Ellsworth Trivia;

Around the time the 01 seat tubes were breaking left and right, Dave Turner got an anonymous phone-call asking what the thickness and ID/OD of his seat tubes. Reliable source.

Cool quote from Tony Ellsworth;

I know in my heart, and have verified with destructive testing and by FEAing others designs up and applying the same dynamic loading to my designs and theirs that Ellsworth bikes are more durable for the prescribed use then any in the industry by as much as double. AND they are all lighter then the same prescribed use bikes of other brands...that’s something we’re proud of and it is proof of some sweet and expensive engineering, design and materials. But nothing lasts forever, and while I'm perfectly willing to do a lifetime of the product warranty—will owners read warranty so they don’t just end up pissed off when the situation arrives that they've gotta buy replacement parts to keep it good?

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I thought this thread was going to be about how Ellsworth is honoring their warranty and taking care of this customers to keep them customers.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Before anyone starts slagging Ellsworth, I'd like to point out a UK guy by the name of Jack Reading. He went to Whistler as a pretty quick kid for a season last year, and came back super fast with an Ellsworth sponsorship. Now in "Expert" cat in the UK, he's cleaning up this year. He's won every race (10 or so) that he's entered, often with fastest times of the day (beating all the Elites). At a National race a few weeks ago he crashed in front of me, lost 5 seconds, and still won the (50-strong) Expert cat by 2 seconds. Without the crash he would only have been 6 seconds off of Gee, and would have been pocketing some very useful UCI points!

The lad is as devoted as they come, and my money says you'll be seeing him getting some pretty handy World Cup positions in a year or two.....

That being said, the right rider will win on any piece of crap :D

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Regarding your point Seb, Wade Simmons was at one point arguably one of the best pound for pound riders on the planet, landing massive gaps and other jaw dropping sillyness, all on the Rocky Mountain RM series. :D

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Regarding your point Seb, Wade Simmons was at one point arguably one of the best pound for pound riders on the planet, landing massive gaps and other jaw dropping sillyness, all on the Rocky Mountain RM series. :D
Remember the end of NSX 4 (Maybe 5, can't remember.) he landed that little 4 foot drop and the swingarm on his RM6 snapped off? Classic...

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Before anyone starts slagging Ellsworth, I'd like to point out a UK guy by the name of Jack Reading. He went to Whistler as a pretty quick kid for a season last year, and came back super fast with an Ellsworth sponsorship. Now in "Expert" cat in the UK, he's cleaning up this year. He's won every race (10 or so) that he's entered, often with fastest times of the day (beating all the Elites). At a National race a few weeks ago he crashed in front of me, lost 5 seconds, and still won the (50-strong) Expert cat by 2 seconds. Without the crash he would only have been 6 seconds off of Gee, and would have been pocketing some very useful UCI points!

The lad is as devoted as they come, and my money says you'll be seeing him getting some pretty handy World Cup positions in a year or two.....

that says more about spending a season at Whistler than anything else.

I've met Tony a couple times, i'm willing to bet he believes everything he says.

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
Cam Cole wins.:biggrin:
But but but Cam was JRAB......... Just,Riding,Around a Berm:brows:
He did say they rode quite well tho.... when they stayed together,I might add

Yeah TE like a few other builders need to lay off the bs for bs sake, as hes only fooling the foolish:banghead:

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Before anyone starts slagging Ellsworth, I'd like to point out a UK guy by the name of Jack Reading. He went to Whistler as a pretty quick kid for a season last year, and came back super fast with an Ellsworth sponsorship. Now in "Expert" cat in the UK, he's cleaning up this year. He's won every race (10 or so) that he's entered, often with fastest times of the day (beating all the Elites).
He stopped in and kicked everyones ass at a local race here last year too.

I've met Tony a couple times, i'm willing to bet he believes everything he says.
"It is not a lie if you, yourself believe it to be true"
George Costanza

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
he was in that free video kicking around recently...great rider. On that note, however, he's a sponsored rider...it's tough to compare an AM rider to a sponsored "semi"-pro. Customer service and frame replacement will be on a different level.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Ellsworth.......rearrange the letters and you get Worthlles. Coincidence? You decide.

BTW, sorry for bringing back such an old but I have been extremely bored at work today and went looking for some entertaining Posts. This one didn't disappoint.

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
give me a 12 pack of sierra nevada a bong and the comparison vids of those bikes going over the bumps and I would occupied for hours :brow:

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
Tony ellsworth is a riot. Some of the **** he was spouting at interbike was amazing. But I have always love the dare and the rogue. I would love to have one if they werent made by ellsworth.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC

Ever ask Jack how many front triangles he went through out here?

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
Cam Cole wins.:biggrin:
Eh, debatable.
Luke Strobel went through 4 of them so fast he rode his older style turner for the majority of his first season on maxxis. Luckily for him the team switched to Ironhorse as their title frame sponsor the following year and got a real bike. And now they are on Rocky Mountain. And we all know there's already enough hate to go around about Rocky Mountain.