Quantcast

Something very interesting from Ellsworth!

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
Eh, debatable.
Luke Strobel went through 4 of them so fast he rode his older style turner for the majority of his first season on maxxis. Luckily for him the team switched to Ironhorse as their title frame sponsor the following year and got a real bike. And now they are on Rocky Mountain. And we all know there's already enough hate to go around about Rocky Mountain.
Depends if we counting quantity of frames broken or time required before first broken bone/season ending injury due to frame breakage??? Re 1st day of practise at the 1st norbar race of 07 for Cam

I must say the team only flatlines this year do look quite good an seem to go good too

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
Depends if we counting quantity of frames broken or time required before first broken bone/season ending injury due to frame breakage??? Re 1st day of practise at the 1st norbar race of 07 for Cam

I must say the team only flatlines this year do look quite good an seem to go good too
I have to agree i think they maxxis orange DH specific flatlines actually look kind of promising.
I mean as far as Rocky Mountain goes this has to be their best shot at actually breaking into the Downhill market not just the Canadian Freeride Scene. Sort of going the route of Banshee.

Last edited:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Before anyone starts slagging Ellsworth, I'd like to point out a UK guy by the name of Jack Reading. He went to Whistler as a pretty quick kid for a season last year, and came back super fast with an Ellsworth sponsorship. Now in "Expert" cat in the UK, he's cleaning up this year. He's won every race (10 or so) that he's entered, often with fastest times of the day (beating all the Elites). At a National race a few weeks ago he crashed in front of me, lost 5 seconds, and still won the (50-strong) Expert cat by 2 seconds. Without the crash he would only have been 6 seconds off of Gee, and would have been pocketing some very useful UCI points!
Shame there wasn't a stronger field present, but Curtis Keene ain't slow - the boy done good: http://www3.telus.net/2009bike/Docs/09 Peaks/09 Peaks DH Race Results Overall.pdf !

nolson450

Chimp
May 26, 2009
What are you guys talking about? My Ellswothless bike with my Crackintwo forks is sick! Liked it more than my old Krapiel Armaghetto and RoachTec (which was still stiffer than a RM).

But seriously, back in '01 my buddy cracked one, a mid pack finisher in the Vet Expert class.

I may sound like a total bike snob on this one, but after the amount of money we spend on bikes, I am sick of getting hit in the head with the Marketing bulls%$#t bat over and over again....