Quantcast

Something weird with my telephone

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
It has happened a few times now, and at completely random and seperate times too. I dail a number, and it rings and rings - nobody picks up on the other end. But sometimes I have nothing else to do and just let it keep ringing, and about three times now, after letting it ring for a while, something happens. The line on the other end comes on, no one answers, every time this has happened I heard people talking in the background, the first time this happened I could hear them really clearly, like the phone was on the table next to them or something (they were talking about bikes, etc. :rolleyes: ) This is so weird, it just happened again to me (this time the people talking were farther off in the room it sounded like, not near the phone), whats going on!? Does this happen to anyone else?

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
I hate it when my phone gets messed up, one time i kept picking it up and getting weird static/distorted voices, really freaked me out.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
The Kadvang said:
I hate it when my phone gets messed up, one time i kept picking it up and getting weird static/distorted voices, really freaked me out.

I konw what you mean, i was calling my friends cell phone, and he had auto awnser on, and didnt even know it was on. so it wouyld pick up after the 10th ring and you would just hear voices.

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
ok this has happened to me many a time...

The thing might be that the person that called you without knowing it has the phone in there pocket. If you are on a speed dail number or something, the button could get hit and you could be called. The person would have no knowledge of it unless you started yelling into your phone.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Curiouscaptian01 said:
ok this has happened to me many a time...

The thing might be that the person that called you without knowing it has the phone in there pocket. If you are on a speed dail number or something, the button could get hit and you could be called. The person would have no knowledge of it unless you started yelling into your phone.
Ecxcept it happens when I call them... ;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dwaugh said:
Ecxcept it happens when I call them... ;)
If you're calling a cell phone, it could easily happen. I know when I take my cell phone out of my pocket, there's usually between 4 and 10 digits on the screen, meaning I was banging the keypad. When someone calls and you touch the keypad, it answers the phone.

So, chances are they won't bang the keypad in the 5 seconds it takes for it to ring several times, but if you're bored (wtf? You listen to phones ringing when you're bored?) and let it ring a few dozen times, eventually they're gonna bang the phone and it will answer.

On the other hand, if you're simply crackhead, you could just be imagining things...

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
used to, when someone would call me and lets it ring and ring, even though its frinkin obvious that i did not want to answer the phone and talk to them, i would answer the phone and just let it sit. they could hear me, it drove them crazy. then when they would hang up, i would turn my phone off so they couldnt annoy the piss out of me anymore. just something to think about. if its happened to you more than once you know. :think:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I faxed a client's business some employee earnings info at the beginning of last December. I think it was a total of at least a dozen pages. For a week straight at the beginning of February, the client started receiving random pages from that fax. How? Beats me, I put ALL the pages in the shredder after faxing them to him originally, nobody else at the office would ever need to send him the info again, and nobody outside of our office could have access to the data. Talk about phantom faxes....ohhhhh.....

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
binary visions said:
If you're calling a cell phone, it could easily happen. I know when I take my cell phone out of my pocket, there's usually between 4 and 10 digits on the screen, meaning I was banging the keypad. When someone calls and you touch the keypad, it answers the phone.

So, chances are they won't bang the keypad in the 5 seconds it takes for it to ring several times, but if you're bored (wtf? You listen to phones ringing when you're bored?) and let it ring a few dozen times, eventually they're gonna bang the phone and it will answer.

On the other hand, if you're simply crackhead, you could just be imagining things...
Wahahahaha...

Its happened when I call a cell phone and a normal phone, and every time it didnt sound like it was in a pocket, but out in the open. I let it ring a lot just to see if anyone will answer.

I think I have Comcast for those of you who want to know. :blah:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
binary visions said:
hint: LOCK THE KEYPAD. that is all. :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Toshi said:
hint: LOCK THE KEYPAD. that is all. :D
Nah, I don't use my speed dial numbers, so I never accidentally call anyone. I am well aware of the keypad locking feature :D