Quantcast

Something With Some Potential.......

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
hey nice 6 pack. if they were mine i would take those rocks and either bury them deep or take them far away. nothing like a wacky eject to head slap on the rocks.

Another comment i am adding purely for constructive critisism, i try to build my jumps small first and as the sets go on, build them taller, steeper, farther apart. With good pumps between sets you can clear bigger gaps after each consecutive double. So your last set should be the biggest rather than the middle one. (but you already know this)

yea...i love to ride, looks like you got the passion too. Its sweet to find a forum with other dirt jumpers who post on here.

btw, i am new to the site. peace

Originally posted by boostindoubles
hey nice 6 pack. if they were mine i would take those rocks and either bury them deep or take them far away. nothing like a wacky eject to head slap on the rocks.

Another comment i am adding purely for constructive critisism, i try to build my jumps small first and as the sets go on, build them taller, steeper, farther apart. With good pumps between sets you can clear bigger gaps after each consecutive double. So your last set should be the biggest rather than the middle one. (but you already know this)

yea...i love to ride, looks like you got the passion too. Its sweet to find a forum with other dirt jumpers who post on here.

btw, i am new to the site. peace
those are not rocks, they are sandbags. (somone else also made the same comment on another board) :confused: on the 3rd takeoff, there are tree stumps to keep the dirt from spreading right now. but they will come out

we actually like to have our rythms built identical with even peaks and valleys. when all is said and done we try to build them to be able to hit them both ways. :cool: they will look like 3 halfpipes back to back. then we have two lines from the work of one. right now they are in their beginning stage

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
ah yea, i understand the need to prop things on the side to keep the dirt from spreading. Do you have access to water? it looks f-in dry where your at. Keeping your trails hosed down while digging helps em stay packed down.

Jumping both ways....right on man. that sounds like a challenge. But i just gotta say, after landing that second double smooth your going to be ready to hit a bigger double. And that 3rd one isnt it. But hey we all have different styles and i gotta respect that. :D peace

ah yea, i understand the need to prop things on the side to keep the dirt from spreading. Do you have access to water? it looks f-in dry where your at. Keeping your trails hosed down while digging helps em stay packed down.

Jumping both ways....right on man. that sounds like a challenge. But i just gotta say, after landing that second double smooth your going to be ready to hit a bigger double. And that 3rd one isnt it. But hey we all have different styles and i gotta respect that. :D peace
right now the third jump is merely a target. they will all be vert and they will rock. i have been building rhythms for over 15 years and we know what we are up to. these are not intended to be out jumps, but rather up jumps.... you can't fully judge them yet as we have just started them. that would be like building a DH starting gate, then being like "funny, this dosen't look like much of a DH course"

the other side of the embankment behind the jumps is a river, so we have endless water

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i feel ya man, just going from what i see. Totally something with potential, like you said. I know that trails change daily, and what i see in those pics has probably been completely changed. they look good too. maybe when i get my digi camera working i'll post my trails up on here and we can compare, get ideas from eachother. :monkey:

i feel ya man, just going from what i see. Totally something with potential, like you said. I know that trails change daily, and what i see in those pics has probably been completely changed. they look good too. maybe when i get my digi camera working i'll post my trails up on here and we can compare, get ideas from eachother. :monkey:
here is a thread of some others that we are working on too...
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75758

rainbow_smoke

Monkey
Sep 19, 2003
Bellingham, WA
hey Will i took a pic with my camera but i forgot to change the settings so its all fuzy...maybe saturday or sunday i can head out there and work on em some more.
that or the skate park in moscow i think
pete

Mar 15, 2004
Alpine, Ca
We need jumps like that in Alpine Ca. But to many parents are gay and want them gone I work for a bike shop called Let It Ride and we were trying to get a dirt park made, but never got the votes we needed. And the money.:dead: But like the jumps!!!!.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Wha-who now?

You're waiting for city approval and money to dig jumps? I guess that's one way to go about it, but I've never experienced it myself.

What about just finding a scrap of land and getting a bunch of shovels together?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
ah pete, i was wondering who rainbow was. right on man

west coast, the other trails your working on look like alot of fun. dirt jumping kicks ass. peace

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
hey thanks pete... well thats what i'm working on, the only way i can think of to get water out there is to strap a 55 gallon drum into the bed of my truck though.... as it is, i'm praying for some rain. thanks again, and peace.