Quantcast

Sometimes cops are cool

JewBagel

Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
oregon
My wife had a ride a long on Friday and she was telling the cop about my luck. I have gotten 2 tickets from asshole cops. Both stopped me hoping I was drunk, found out I wasn't, so one gave me a speeding ticket (wasn't even close to speeding) and the other gave me fail to stop at a sign (I totally stopped).

His response was there are 2 kinds of traffic cops:
1. If I pull you over, you are getting a ticket for SOMETHING
2. If you check out and aren't an ass, you will likely get a warning.

His rule was if it was something he does himself (like change lanes without a signal), you will get a warning if you are clean otherwise.

I thought it was an interesting take. He agreed both tickets I had were total BS.
A friend of mine just yesterday afternoon got pulled over for "driving while intoxicated" after passing the breathalyzer with 0.00. The cop took him to the station and had his car impounded. He was then given multiple comprehensive drug tests by the stations "professional". He has passed everything so far and is just waiting for the urine test results to come back which won't turn anything up since he doesn't smoke, take pills, etc... Regardless of all this, the cop still gave him a DUI and he has a court date in a few weeks. Bottom line, don't get pulled over in Albany, Oregon.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
A friend of mine just yesterday afternoon got pulled over for "driving while intoxicated" after passing the breathalyzer with 0.00. The cop took him to the station and had his car impounded. He was then given multiple comprehensive drug tests by the stations "professional". He has passed everything so far and is just waiting for the urine test results to come back which won't turn anything up since he doesn't smoke, take pills, etc... Regardless of all this, the cop still gave him a DUI and he has a court date in a few weeks. Bottom line, don't get pulled over in Albany, Oregon.
Um. Is that even legally possible? If it is, then that is some scary shif.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I can assure you all there is more to this story.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
There are good cops and bad cops. Most people only remember the bad ones. There are good people and bad people in every profession.
I don't have any problems with the law. So i don't have to worry about getting hassled by a bad cop.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
My dad was on the motor-unit for the local PD for years. He brought the bike home from work everyday. He loved it.

That was the best 9 years out of his 31 years on the force. He just retired, full retirement, at the age of 51. Lucky dawg, my dad is.

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
No, but some obviously feel if they pulled you over, you aren't walking away without a souvenir.
ok then huntington beach cops must be real bored
me and 30 of my friends got pulled over by some ahole for riding our bikes on the wrong side of the sidewalk one time
and my friend has gotten 4 tint tickets in the last two months, cops around here arent too cool

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
This guy was cool. Encouraged me to continue applying to the PD, and that they needed more motorcycle cops.

I've got a lot of friends who are cops. Most aren't beat cops, but they're still cool as hell. Mind you some of their coworkers are first class douche nozzles, but the cops I know are good people.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
This guy was cool. Encouraged me to continue applying to the PD, and that they needed more motorcycle cops.

I've got a lot of friends who are cops. Most aren't beat cops, but they're still cool as hell. Mind you some of their coworkers are first class douche nozzles, but the cops I know are good people.
Did He have tongs in his holster? I would like cops if they were more tong friendly...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
the only profession across the board that I have seemed to meet only rude or nasty people are medical receptionsts.

for some reason I havent met a sincere, polite, and understanding individual.

I still dont say they are all that way, it just seems from my experience....

I know more good cops than bad ones, but I think that is due to being a part of the sniper shoots and what not. plus I have purple heart plates on the truck so I have yet to get a ticket that I deserved.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
the only profession across the board that I have seemed to meet only rude or nasty people are medical receptionsts.

for some reason I havent met a sincere, polite, and understanding individual.

I still dont say they are all that way, it just seems from my experience....

Especially ER ones. They seem really fed up with sick or injured people.

I bet they're just mad because they aren't allowed to use crayons at work.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
and my friend has gotten 4 tint tickets in the last two months, cops around here arent too cool
um...your friend is an idiot. i suppose it's the cop's fault for your friend not removing his dark tint after the first ticket?

ever heard the definition of stupidity? "doing the same thing over and over expecting different results"

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
um...your friend is an idiot. i suppose it's the cop's fault for your friend not removing his dark tint after the first ticket?

ever heard the definition of stupidity? "doing the same thing over and over expecting different results"
my point is that around here younger drivers get picked on the most by cops who decide to scold/ridicule you because they are older. Also, his dad has darker tint than him and so does my dad, and neither have gotten tickets for it.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Perhaps they drive a touch morer esponsibly then your friend, and dont get pulled over for cause, which summarily results in a ticket for tint.
Besides, if he has a dark tint, how would a cop know he was a younger driver? Methinks you are being a littel paranoid...

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
not once has he done something stupid, got pulled over for something else, and then gotten a tint ticket on top of it

we were waiting at a light, cop was across the street making a left, hung a u turn after we drove past, pulled us over on a 50 mph street, and decided to scold us for "trying to get away" while we were going the speed limit

i have a dad and dont need another one, write me my ticket and get it over with, dont lecture me like you're my parent

Somehow, the idea of you as a police officer is about as disturbing as anything I have read on this board.

Just sayin'.