Quantcast

Sometimes I wish I was 20 years old in the 90's.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
These guys are BA. I wish I could have seen the hucker age of mountain bikes too haha. Sick stuff in the 90's it seems, I was only 10 years old in the year 2000.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
i saw PE do Fear of a Black Planet a few weeks.

Nice shot.

We played AFTER Public Enemy at a festival in France a few months ago. Needless to say, they blew us off the fvcking stage.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
The question is: In which band are you playing?
Neurosis. :thumb:

i was 19 in 1990, had a hell of a time hanging out at concerts and playing with my own band.

now i'm old, which is fun too. but totally different. don't know if i want to be young again.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Just become a hipster and move to Portland. They still seem to live in the 90s. Most of them for some reason have just discovered the 90s bands and their bike beliefs are also very 90s like (alu will break, steel - good)

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
For some reason when I hear this song I think of the old New World Disorder movies.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
I like real man metal like Parkway Drive
You are my friend mate. What a great band. Heavy ass breakdowns and all around brutal:thumb:
I even like the fact that those guys are surfers, not "normal" long haired, black dressed metal kids.

And they have fun on stage:

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
You are my friend mate. What a great band. Heavy ass breakdowns and all around brutal:thumb:
I even like the fact that those guys are surfers, not "normal" long haired, black dressed metal kids.

And they have fun on stage:
Favorite song to lift weights to haha. 2:44 on is bench and squat music. Cold Day In Hell and Horizons have sick breakdowns. Carrion is just classic.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
The only band I listened to for six months in the gym.:rofl:
Haha for every landmark in lifting I remember the parkway drive song. I remember (when my leg wasn't messed up) squatting 405 for the first time listening to boneyards when it goes "There's blood in the water!" hahaha.

A good pre-workout and some parkway drive and I am feeling ready to slay some iron.

Crabjoe that is added to my library.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Haha for every landmark in lifting I remember the parkway drive song. I remember (when my leg wasn't messed up) squatting 405 for the first time listening to boneyards when it goes "There's blood in the water!" hahaha.

A good pre-workout and some parkway drive and I am feeling ready to slay some iron.

Crabjoe that is added to my library.
If you haven't seen the DVD of them yet, watch it. Sick stuff on it. First gig, first tour, etc. They actually CAN surf. Definitely crazy awesome dudes.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Oh, those were the days....:rolleyes:

OK, I had a good time...too many bands to mention, mostly '85 to 99: Discharge, Cro Mags, Slayer (Hell Awaits tour was the 1st time), Neurosis in front of maybe 15 people in CT(!), Butthole Surfers, COC, SNFU,The Ramones, Anvil, the Fluid, Mudhoney, Motorhead, Citizen Fish, Charles Bronson, etc. and so on.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Oh, those were the days....:rolleyes:

OK, I had a good time...too many bands to mention, mostly '85 to 99: Discharge, Cro Mags, Slayer (Hell Awaits tour was the 1st time), Neurosis in front of maybe 15 people in CT(!), Butthole Surfers, COC, SNFU,The Ramones, Anvil, the Fluid, Mudhoney, Motorhead, Citizen Fish, Charles Bronson, etc. and so on.
We had better drugs, better music, and hotter chicks. Kids today suck.

:D

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ahh th 90s were ok. The late seveties through the late 80's were awesome in the LA underground scene. No Aids, lots of sex, cheap drugs, too bad I can't remember a lot of it though....

work, scuba diving & surfing in Malibu, Hollywood nightclubs, lots of sex and drugs...how I survived I will never know...fun as hell though

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just become a hipster and move to Portland. They still seem to live in the 90s. Most of them for some reason have just discovered the 90s bands and their bike beliefs are also very 90s like (alu will break, steel - good)
:rofl:

I saw FEAR a few years back at the Roseland and there was maybe 6 people in the 21+ area. No line for beer and I enjoyed the show. No way in hell would I be in that pit, though. Now when I saw them in '87, the pit was the only option.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I listened to 2 30 second clips of FEAR just now. I could never listen to them. Oww my ears.