Quantcast

sometimes, when I'm on my bike, the world is a perfect beautiful place

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I wish I felt that way more often off my bike, but at least I feel that way sometimes. Like today, perfect weather for a three hour ride in the foothills along a hard flowing stream with the animals dancing and singing as I spun on by and meeting some cool other riders for a quick chat then moving along.

Do you ever feel totally and absolutely at peace/relaxed/happy when you ride?

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
LordOpie said:
Do you ever feel totally and absolutely at peace/relaxed/happy when you ride?
That's about the only time I do. It seems that the older I get, the harder it is to be happy and enjoy myself. Riding is the only activity that I still feel passionate about; it's as much fun now as it was when I first learned to ride as a kid. There's nothing better than being in the zone on a twisty section of singletrack.

I hope I never get burned out.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i feel the same way sometimes. i have been spending more time on the road on my bike lately. i found a good route and i try to hit it up at least twice a week. i love to ride my bike through the city. especially on sunday morning when no one is out. i see something new everytime i make this loop. i just feel alive. like im right where i should be.

*i hate sappy posts about bike riding. :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
When I'm laying on the beach or sitting around on a lake or on the ocean in Maine I'm pretty content off my bike.

I've realised that as we get older that perfect world we knew as a child becomes less and less perfect.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Okay now for the sappy post.... I get the same kick from being with my daughter, she just turned 2 and has really started getting a personality. We decided to pitch our tent in the back yard this weekend and campout, she was so funny running around the tent like it was Disneyland or something. Just watching somebody act like a kid is as good as being a kid when that kid is your own. Riding bikes is still cool, I can't wait until she can pedal along side me though.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Kornphlake said:
Okay now for the sappy post.... I get the same kick from being with my daughter, she just turned 2 and has really started getting a personality. We decided to pitch our tent in the back yard this weekend and campout, she was so funny running around the tent like it was Disneyland or something. Just watching somebody act like a kid is as good as being a kid when that kid is your own. Riding bikes is still cool, I can't wait until she can pedal along side me though.
I hear you dud. I got my kid up to doing an hour on the trails (not brutal) on her little 20" singlespeed. I hope she'll ride with me when she's older. I told her I'd get her a mountain bike next year as she'll need the gears :devil:
Riding for me is the only peace I get really yet I never get to do it. Always some sheit going on preventing me from riding. Yesterday I almost snapped as I really diddn't have the time for the usual 2 hour process of prepping/putting away/bike racks, etc..
So I got my camelback, filled it with GRAPE COOL AID and off I went cruising the chaotic streets of Worcester. It's not nearly as fun as the trails, but after a 2 hour ride I felt great. I forgot how nerve wracking it is riding on the street trying to stay alive. Riding is really the only thing I like to do. Especially out in the woods alone. I get off my bike and sit and think for a few minutes.
NO PEOPLE
NO CARS
NO FONE
NO PC
NO EMAIL

F*CK THE WORLD

Knuckle

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am an angry hate filled little man. The only time I don't wish the world to be consumed in boiling firestorms is when I am on the bike.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
No,
I'm not old, but I feel much the same way. Get up on sunday morning when the fog is still rolling, and head to frankfort to ride some singletrack. Not a soul out at 9 a.m. besides the deer and cicada's humming. The fog kinda covering the switchbacks, i'm just chugging along, spinning, and listening to my heart beat in rythym with my pedals. Same way with DH. Like up at Snowshoe, I could just chill at the starting gate and watch the clouds float through the blue mountains, in my own little world, humming Aqueous Transmissions by Incubus. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
HRDTLBRO said:
No,
I'm not old, but I feel much the same way. Get up on sunday morning when the fog is still rolling, and head to frankfort to ride some singletrack. Not a soul out at 9 a.m. besides the deer and cicada's humming. The fog kinda covering the switchbacks, i'm just chugging along, spinning, and listening to my heart beat in rythym with my pedals. Same way with DH. Like up at Snowshoe, I could just chill at the starting gate and watch the clouds float through the blue mountains, in my own little world, humming Aqueous Transmissions by Incubus. :thumb:
Nice man!!! Nice!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The only time I see animals dance is just I after I shoot them. I'm not a real good shot so I seldom hit the brain or heart dead on. The animals sort of dance and stumble around for a bit while I reload the shot gun. Not sure how happy this makes me but it's kind of funny sometimes. :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Serial Midget said:
The only time I see animals dance is just I after I shoot them. I'm not a real good shot so I seldom hit the brain or heart dead on. The animals sort of dance and stumble around for a bit while I reload the shot gun. Not sure how happy this makes me but it's kind of funny sometimes. :thumb:
Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I thought you were going to say "I only see them dance after a few hits of acid...."

but it ended up being even better.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
lol
That reminds me of what Larry the cable guy said during the blue collar comedy tour.
"Well, they told me to go shoot that there horse cuz it had a broken leg, well now the damn thing got a broken leg and a gunshot wound."

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
HRDTLBRO said:
lol
That reminds me of what Larry the cable guy said during the blue collar comedy tour.
"Well, they told me to go shoot that there horse cuz it had a broken leg, well now the damn thing got a broken leg and a gunshot wound."
I didn't catch that one. Man thats a pretty funny comedy show.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The world is never a perfect beautiful place, but when I'm on my bike, the world stops existing. There's nothing but the sounds of rubber on dirt, nothing but the rocks in front of me and the line I've spotted through them. There are no car payments or jobs or bank accounts. Just the blur of colors and the utter focus on the trail underneath me.

:thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
The world is never a perfect beautiful place, but when I'm on my bike, the world stops existing. There's nothing but the sounds of rubber on dirt, nothing but the rocks in front of me and the line I've spotted through them. There are no car payments or jobs or bank accounts. Just the blur of colors and the utter focus on the trail underneath me.

:thumb:
Man..... that was perfect!!!

I need to go and ride my bike.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
LordOpie said:
I wish I felt that way more often off my bike, but at least I feel that way sometimes. Like today, perfect weather for a three hour ride in the foothills along a hard flowing stream with the animals dancing and singing as I spun on by and meeting some cool other riders for a quick chat then moving along.
Where did you ride?? :think:

-S.S.-