Quantcast

Somewhat disgusting story... Religion-related.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
21,668
418
NC
So, my girlfriend is telling me about a friend of hers who works as a nurse in the E.R. This girl had a woman come in a few weeks ago, with grapefruit sized breast cancer lumps all over her breasts.

They had been neglected to the point that they split open, started to ooze and had become infested with maggots. The woman came in, not to be treated, but to have them cleaned out because they had gotten to the point where her husband would not have sex with her anymore.

:dead:

That's why she came in. Not because her life was threatened, but because her husband looked at the oozing, maggot infested tumors and wouldn't have sex with her. Apparently, enormous tumors are okay. Even oozing tumors are okay. But he draws the line at maggot infested oozing tumors.

When she was questioned about why she had not sought treatment, she said that if she was meant to be healed, then God would heal her and that it was not her place to interfere if He chose to let her die. She was fully insured, by the way.

The nurse said that this was not the first time she had seen someone refuse treatment on the grounds that they didn't want to interfere with God's Plan. Is this something that's more common than I've been led to believe? Isn't one of the tenents of the Bible that God helps those who help themselves? How is that any different from not eating and counting on Jesus to provide you some form of magical nourishment?

Anyway, not really counting on great discussion coming from this, just thought some of you would find the story as unbelievable as I did, and I'm sure this wouldn't have lasted two minutes in the Lounge.
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
binary visions said:
So, my girlfriend is telling me about a friend of hers who works as a nurse in the E.R. This girl had a woman come in a few weeks ago, with grapefruit sized breast cancer lumps all over her breasts.

They had been neglected to the point that they split open, started to ooze and had become infested with maggots. The woman came in, not to be treated, but to have them cleaned out because they had gotten to the point where her husband would not have sex with her anymore.

:dead:

That's why she came in. Not because her life was threatened, but because her husband looked at the oozing, maggot infested tumors and wouldn't have sex with her. Apparently, enormous tumors are okay. Even oozing tumors are okay. But he draws the line at maggot infested oozing tumors.

When she was questioned about why she had not sought treatment, she said that if she was meant to be healed, then God would heal her and that it was not her place to interfere if He chose to let her die. She was fully insured, by the way.

The nurse said that this was not the first time she had seen someone refuse treatment on the grounds that they didn't want to interfere with God's Plan. Is this something that's more common than I've been led to believe? Isn't one of the tenents of the Bible that God helps those who help themselves? How is that any different from not eating and counting on Jesus to provide you some form of magical nourishment?

Anyway, not really counting on great discussion coming from this, just thought some of you would find the story as unbelievable as I did, and I'm sure this wouldn't have lasted two minutes in the Lounge.

: Darwin:
 

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
10,848
0
Orange County, CA
binary visions said:
Isn't one of the tenents of the Bible that God helps those who help themselves? How is that any different from not eating and counting on Jesus to provide you some form of magical nourishment?
No, that was Ben Franklin, I think.

As far as magical nourishment, you remember the part where food falls out of the sky every morning?
 

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
7,791
35
Japan
Silver said:
No, that was Ben Franklin, I think.

As far as magical nourishment, you remember the part where food falls out of the sky every morning?
Those wafer things they give you at church, you know "body of christ" and all that, well anyway those things have like 10 googleplex of calories in each one.
 

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
6,640
4
SF, CA
Why even get cleaned up? God put those maggots there (probably as a punishment to the husband, who will now have to "suffer" without sex). Who are we to remove them?
 

kidwoo

Celebrating No-Pants Day
Aug 25, 2003
22,451
2,127
In my pants
Who lets flies land on and deposit eggs in their tits? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't usually let flies hang out.........unless they bring beer.
 

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
2,334
0
Chatsworth
This is one post that DOES NOT need any pictures. I think seeing something like this would make me puke...

This type of thing is actually more common than you think. A student at my dad's high school hit his head in the pool. His mom stood over him and prayed for him, while he bled all over the backyard, but would not call for help. If I remember the story correctly, I think his little sister or brother finally called for an ambulance.
 

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
9,844
11
So Cal
The person is an idiot because they are an idiot. Many athiests do incredibly stupid things too, you know. I am a christian and am getting pretty sick of the bashing. You guys are starting to turn into N8's. If you are going to bash us at least try and be creative and quit regurgitating the same ol crap. C'mon, bash me with something new!
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
Ciaran said:
The person is an idiot because they are an idiot. Many athiests do incredibly stupid things too, you know. I am a christian and am getting pretty sick of the bashing. You guys are starting to turn into N8's. If you are going to bash us at least try and be creative and quit regurgitating the same ol crap. C'mon, bash me with something new!
How about bashing you with these? They're new...

 

kidwoo

Celebrating No-Pants Day
Aug 25, 2003
22,451
2,127
In my pants
Ciaran said:
The person is an idiot because they are an idiot. Many athiests do incredibly stupid things too, you know. I am a christian and am getting pretty sick of the bashing. You guys are starting to turn into N8's. If you are going to bash us at least try and be creative and quit regurgitating the same ol crap. C'mon, bash me with something new!
Your tits are going to get maggots?
 
Well my story ain't that gross but i was waterskiing prolly 8 or years ago and another skier on the lake hit some debris and crashed hard.
Me and the crew in the boat noticed something strange so we approached them to see if they needed any help.

Well, the person who got hurt was this guys daughter about 12 or 13 and her leg was all jacked !
I'm guessing she needed 50-100 stitches as she hit a piece of wood and had a huge bleeding gash.
So we start saying do you need help and blah,blah,blah and basically the family was a bunch of "Holy-Rollers" and the Dad declined saying it was against the Lord's will to interfere with modern medicine(but thats not what he called it) and he refused to bring her in!
She was crying and in alot of pain and no matter what we said he flatly refused like WE WERE CRAZY.....
It was so bad that we couldn't keep skiiing knowing the girl needed serious help.
We kept trying to reason with the guy and he got all ticked at us trying to interfere with Gods will and zoomed off on his boat never to be seen again.....WTF?
 

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
21,668
418
NC
Ciaran said:
The person is an idiot because they are an idiot. Many athiests do incredibly stupid things too, you know. I am a christian and am getting pretty sick of the bashing. You guys are starting to turn into N8's. If you are going to bash us at least try and be creative and quit regurgitating the same ol crap. C'mon, bash me with something new!
Uhh, I hope that's not directed at the topic post. If it is, read a little closer and you'll see no Christian bashing. Of course this person was just an idiot, and I'm certainly not trying to label all Christians as this way.

My question was just, do a lot of other idiots use God as a reason to avoid treatment.
 

kidwoo

Celebrating No-Pants Day
Aug 25, 2003
22,451
2,127
In my pants
binary visions said:
My question was just, do a lot of other idiots use God as a reason to avoid treatment.
Are you saying I CAN scratch my hemmoroid without eternal damnation?

SWEET
 

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
5,407
0
New England
Westy said:
There is probably some magazine in Japan that caters to people who like maggot infested tits.
I am still waiting for their spin off dedicated to school and sailor girls.
 

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
9,844
11
So Cal
binary visions said:
Uhh, I hope that's not directed at the topic post. If it is, read a little closer and you'll see no Christian bashing. Of course this person was just an idiot, and I'm certainly not trying to label all Christians as this way.

My question was just, do a lot of other idiots use God as a reason to avoid treatment.
No no, not directed at the topic post. The person certainly is an idiot. It's too bad they are using their religion as a vehicle for said stupidity... it makes the rest of us look stupid.

Directed at the remarks that people make. Just asking for fresh new remarks.

Sorry if I am a bit whiney today. Work's pissin me off today. :D
 

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
36,651
3,475
Sleazattle
Ciaran said:
No no, not directed at the topic post. The person certainly is an idiot. It's too bad they are using their religion as a vehicle for said stupidity... it makes the rest of us look stupid.

Directed at the remarks that people make. Just asking for fresh new remarks.

Sorry if I am a bit whiney today. Work's pissin me off today. :D

You have to admit VB's original post was just plain funny.
 

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
2,334
0
Chatsworth
LOOnatic said:
Well my story ain't that gross but i was waterskiing prolly 8 or years ago and another skier on the lake hit some debris and crashed hard.
Me and the crew in the boat noticed something strange so we approached them to see if they needed any help.

Well, the person who got hurt was this guys daughter about 12 or 13 and her leg was all jacked !
I'm guessing she needed 50-100 stitches as she hit a piece of wood and had a huge bleeding gash.
So we start saying do you need help and blah,blah,blah and basically the family was a bunch of "Holy-Rollers" and the Dad declined saying it was against the Lord's will to interfere with modern medicine(but thats not what he called it) and he refused to bring her in!
She was crying and in alot of pain and no matter what we said he flatly refused like WE WERE CRAZY.....
It was so bad that we couldn't keep skiiing knowing the girl needed serious help.
We kept trying to reason with the guy and he got all ticked at us trying to interfere with Gods will and zoomed off on his boat never to be seen again.....WTF?
That's pretty scary! You would think that since they don't believe in modern medicine, they wouldn't do anything that would be somewhat dangerous. I don't see how anyone could just stand there while their child needs medical attention. As a parent, your job is to take care of your children, which this man did not do...
 

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
7,791
35
Japan
Andyman_1970 said:
Although some don't beleive it, there's a whole book of the Bible devoted to nonprocreative sex, sex just for the fun of it........
Does it by any chance start " I know you guys won't believe it and I can't believe that it happened to me, but one day on the road to Damascus....." :D :thumb: ;)
 

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
3,105
5
The Natural State
LOL.......................no but good one.

It's more like "my beloved your navel is like a goblet of fine wine......" Where the Hebrew word for navel means female anatomy about 6" or so south of there...........hint hint nudge nudge...........
 

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
7,791
35
Japan
Andyman_1970 said:
LOL.......................no but good one.

It's more like "my beloved your navel is like a goblet of fine wine......" Where the Hebrew word for navel means female anatomy about 6" or so south of there...........hint hint nudge nudge...........
Just measured the missus. 6" south is the sewerage works. :thumb: :D
Oh right, 6" or so....got ya...not the first time I've made that mistake. ;)
 

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
3,105
5
The Natural State
Yeah I said "about 6 or so" - I was trying to account for all the dimensional variations between the navel and the "fun spot" on all the various females that would come to mind to those who would read that post....
 

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
7,791
35
Japan
Andyman_1970 said:
Yeah I said "about 6 or so" - I was trying to account for all the dimensional variations between the navel and the "fun spot" on all the various females that would come to mind to those who would read that post....
I think this thread should become a sticky entitled "Andy tells us the good bits from the Bible"... :D
 

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
13,971
20
The worst part of this whole story is that she was still breast feeding her children.

:stosh:
 

kidwoo

Celebrating No-Pants Day
Aug 25, 2003
22,451
2,127
In my pants
valve bouncer said:
Just measured the missus. 6" south is the sewerage works. :thumb: :D
Oh right, 6" or so....got ya...not the first time I've made that mistake. ;)
Funniest post in all of today.
 

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
21,668
418
NC
valve bouncer said:
Just measured the missus. 6" south is the sewerage works. :thumb: :D
Oh right, 6" or so....got ya...not the first time I've made that mistake. ;)
I would think that in order to obtain the title of "Master" dildoist, one would have to be familliar enough with that area to not make mistakes of that nature.
 

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
7,791
35
Japan
binary visions said:
I would think that in order to obtain the title of "Master" dildoist, one would have to be familliar enough with that area to not make mistakes of that nature.
Hahaha :D. Nice one BV, but as the Japanese say "even monkeys fall out of trees" ;) :thumb: