Quantcast

Somewhat new here....

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
Hey guys....

Just figured I'd say hey and give a short bit about myself. I'm a sophomore in college and have been riding for about as long as I can remember. I have worked in bike shops for the past 6 years or so now and have been racing the past 2.

I race XC on a Klein Attitude Race with a mix of XTR, King, and White Brothers.

I used to race DH in the midwest (doesn't count, I know) on a Versus Blitz but will be building a new bike in '08.

I raced DS and 4X on a built up Kona Scrap but have now switched to a Dobermann Pinscher for my hardtail. It will be for just about everything. Jumping, park, urban, racing.... you name it. It's being built with Profile Cranks, a Nemessis Projects Tuned Zocchi 4X, hadley hubs, BB7 brakes and a couple other goodies.

Well, thats the short. I'm here because I don't have enough forums to post on yet and want to get up to date on the whole freeride/DH scene for the most part.

Dan

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
Haha.... I have a road bike, but that's just embarrassing. Haha I bought it primarily to train with and may do a bit of road racing before mountain season starts up this spring.

I'm sure that first post came off kind of racerish.... There is still nothing I love more than a good urban ride with locals or jumping for fun at a local BMX track. I'm actually heading up to Ray's this weekend. It's just that when I build bikes now I somehow always end up thinking of how they can or will be raced.

Time to go wrench.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Welcome to Da Monkey! I used to Live in Chicago and raced everywhere within 6 hours (some times much further) I have a special fondness for Kick-a-poo, near you neck of the woods, have a great 2008!