Quantcast

Son of Anarchy - Series suggestions?

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Buddy at work told me about this show couple months back. I never saw it during the TV run. It's avail on Netflix streaming ... whole series. Recommend if you have not seen it yet. Yea ..it's a lil raunchy and violent. Still good stuff.
Wife & I have a drink and unwind to it. We're about to wrap it up.

soa.jpgsoa2.jpg

Any other good series suggestions to get thru the winter?
We already did Breaking Bad & Mad Men.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Are you sure? I thought next season was the last.

And if you can get Dexter on Netflix, watch it.

Otherwise, try www.free-tv-video-online.me for any series. Takes a bit to get it started for me (I'm a dork), but once going, the broadcasts are great.....
Yea I read last week that season 7 will be the last, i.e two moar seasons. Dexter used to be on Netflix but showtime restructured their contract and didn't allow Netflix to keep Californication and Dexter among others. I supplement Netflix with Torrents and transfer them to i-tunes then watch them on my TV via Apple TV.

What is with everyone talking about the show not being "real"? Did it ever claim to be? I've never heard them once say "based on a true story" or anything similar. In the other thread everyone was condemning it for being too fake. Can anyone honestly tell me this is the first show they've seen that suspends a little disbelief for the sake of entertainment and engaging story? It wouldn't make for good television if every other episode they were trying to figure out what that rattle on their motorcycle is coming from.

Edit: For the sake of keeping the thread on topic.

I wish they hadn't killed Pope, I could have seen him being an interesting character with his hand in Charming Heights and other businesses. But I understand that they couldn't string along keeping Tig alive for another season with Pope still alive. I'm interested to see where they will go with the (ex)US Marshall, I liked the scene a couple episodes ago where he was sitting at the edge of the bed in a motel room with tons of guns spread out over the bed.

And the scene where Otto bikes off his tongue was the worst thing I've seen in the entire series, my GF screamed when it happened and the dogs went nuts.

Fun Fact of the Day: Otto is played by Kurt Sutter who is the show's creater/writer/director and in real life he's married to Gemma (peggy bundy).

Last edited:

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
Thanks guys. I'll check out the suggestions.
Right you are. Netflix only covered SOA seasons 1-4. What I thought was the end is just a new chapter.
I was way off ..in a good way tho.

Fun Fact of the Day: Otto is played by Kurt Sutter who is the show's creater/writer/director and in real life he's married to Gemma (peggy bundy).
Interesting.

Last edited:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth

No offense, however, when did you know this? My wife told me about this maybe 2-3 seasons ago, and I was a bit floored..... in a good way.

Second fun fact-- Have you ever heard Jax's actor (Charlie Hunnan?), speak during an interview? Complete English accent. Funny to know and hear him in character during SOA.....

descente

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Sandy Eggo
i was really sad they killed off Henry Rollins.

i think for any TV show to be truly good, it has to take a bit of creative license and go past what is considered "real" or "normal". thats why reality TV sucks, its like watching real life from your couch which is about as lame as it gets.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
But he's dead now, so it doesn't matter.

<edit> He was also in Remember the Titans or something.

Last edited: