Quantcast

(: Sonday Funday :)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Too good not to share.

Sitting on the toilet this morning when a small mouse walks under the door, notices I'm there, jumps 4" in the air doing a 180* in the process, and walks right back out.

Guess it's time to get the havaheart trap out so it can be relocated before someone else finds out and kills it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
new bagel spot in town making giving up carbs impossibru!!!!

20200726_080850.jpg

fresh as in piping fucking hot...mmmmmmmmm.....

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got in some gardening before the rain and hope I can get in a ride when it clears up again. I am still in my Zubaz and not plan on changing that anytime soon today it's just kind of Sunday.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Mother in law departs for the 2 day drive to Seattle in an hour. Currently lounging with wife, Thing 3, and Tiny Kitten(tm).

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Legs cooked from yesterday. Just gonna hang at the pool with the kids today.
Rub your legs with a soy sauce, sprinkle with garlic powder, black pepper and oregano flakes. Then rub with olive oil. Marinate legs in sun for the day and cook on a hot charcoal grill to get the nice browning. Allow to rest for 7 minutes, then serve.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Wifey has work event today, so I get the girls. Errands for the first part of today then hopefully I can work on the workbench. I started assembling the legs last night and didn't realize until after I had assembled two that I had gotten the pieces mixed up. In doing so it kept me from properly assembling the 4 legs, so I need to re-cut those pieces today. I still have over half a sheet of 18mm ply, so thankfully no worries on needing to get more. I need to do a better job of laying out pieces because this was a really stupid mistake.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Loaded up bike stuff, drove 5 minutes to trailhead and said fuck that. Turned right back around to the house. Holy shit there was way to many people. So I guess I’ll finish the van ceiling and maybe ride later if rains hold off.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Cappuccino with whole milk before the ride was a terrible, awful, no good very bad decision. Spent the whole time trying to keep it down and almost lost it on the side of the trail.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Loaded up bike stuff, drove 5 minutes to trailhead and said fuck that. Turned right back around to the house. Holy shit there was way to many people. So I guess I’ll finish the van ceiling and maybe ride later if rains hold off.
bent creek?
they should have left some trees in the middle of that pump track and worked around them for shade....that place is hell on earth....
shade would be nice...i think trees would drop stuff on it and maybe keep it from drying as quickly...maybe some of those sail shade things?

received beatdown, as expected. i was creeping along by the end. i deserved it tho. first ride in 2 effing weeks.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Kid 3 complacency: Said child just tried to feed a cheese crisp to one of the cats. The cat licked it. Kid then took the crisp back and proceeded to continue to eat it.

The wife and I noted this, laughed a bit, and let it all continue.

Thinking face

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ack Pfft, ride kicked my butt this morning. I had no go in my legs so it turned into a cardio slog fest on the climbs. Still had fun but that was a hard 12.5 mile mt bike ride. I like the new helmet, it doesn't bounce around on my head at all in the rough stuff,
Screenshot_20200726-100703.png

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
bent creek?

shade would be nice...i think trees would drop stuff on it and maybe keep it from drying as quickly...maybe some of those sail shade things?

received beatdown, as expected. i was creeping along by the end. i deserved it tho. first ride in 2 effing weeks.
North Mills.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Jesus tits it was hot on this mornings ride!

Got roped into helping a local kids art program cut popsicle sticks into 3, got 3k of them dropped on mydoorstep while I was riding, FML. If anybody needs me, I’ll be in the garage...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Road ride to try and get home before the monsoon rain, 59 miles, 6000ft of vert, two mountain passes again.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
That’s true. When I rode Yancey I didn’t run into anyone on the trail. Any idea how crowded Cragg parking lot (across from the dirt road up to Yancey) is on a week day ?
Probably a few, esp. in the summer. I always park in Edgemont at the intersection of Roseboro and Edgemont Rd., that way you get all the climbing done first, except for whatever's on the trail. There's a grassy spot there. I've never seen another car during the week. You can also then loop 21/schoolhouse if you want. Or even do a yellowbuck loop, since pineola's right there.

In the summer sometimes it's nice to do stuff at higher elevations though, like headquarters/lost cove/little lost cove.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its sunday eh? First visit up to the lady friends parents cottage this year, so naturally, we went and rode some of the most tech trails in the toronto area. 6km and I was bagged in the tropic heat, more so than yesterday's long road ride.

But fun was had. Rode some steep rock rolls and chutes. Balls might have tickled my throat a few times...

Trying to get some Maibok practice in...steeper than it looks @@jozz and then a huge chunky rock face after...

Felt good to put the bike through its paces after months of #covidrides.

Beach, sun, beers and now mojitos made with mint out of our garden to finish off. #notbad

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went for a hike. Saw a lot of game trails and split open logs. Thought to myself that there was a bear in the area. Moments later a cub scrambled up a tree in front of me
A few shouts and cub and momma GTFO.