Quantcast

Song of Day (22Jun06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
from perusing that WOXY list, a song popped out which i'd meant to get into the SotD rotation at one point, esp when someone was asking about what 'power pop' was. well, the Hoodoo Gurus practically defined what aussie power pop was; despite their predilection for paisley, they were never nearly as psychedelic as, say, fellow countrymen The Church. some of their music blurred the line between good and lame, but this song is their clear highpoint, a bracing, ringing blast of music which'lll get you smiling.

I Want You Back

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I think I might have vomited on Partsy at a Hoodoo Gurus concert once or him on me. Can't remember which. Nice one Narlus. They are back together apparently.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
valve bouncer said:
I think I might have vomited on Partsy at a Hoodoo Gurus concert once or him on me. Can't remember which. Nice one Narlus. They are back together apparently.

I bet you guys make a real cute couple.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
valve bouncer said:
:wave:

this song started out with such a great opening 12 seconds... but then the 80s kicked back in. :dead: kinda interesting G maj: I V/II I V/II thing going on at least :-)50-1:00 for instance). despite the somewhat embarassing 80s sound i think this one will stay on the playlist, a grudging approval for the track's energy.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
go the gurus... god, was that at the bunno rec centre ??