Quantcast

Song of the Day (02Jul06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Boredoms leader eYe Yamatsuka is a man of many talents, interests, and musical releases. he's spanned the gamut from brutal noise (including mechanized terror, supposedly dismantling a club via use of a bulldozer during a Concrete Octopus performance), spaced out krautrock psychic grooves (the latest turn that main project Boredoms has taken), and as vocal gymnast w/ noise project collaborations with John Zorn.

Audio Sports finds him mining territory occupied by early 90s US hip-hop artists, w/ a cool loungey feel. i think they sampled the Afro Lafayette Rock Band before the Beastie Boys did. info on this project and many others is scarce, esp if you can't read japanese.

We've Got You

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
that bulldozer incident sounds interesting. do you have that track?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
no, i don't think that was recorded, just the stuff of legend. i do have some hanatarashi noise discs though, if you are willing and able. :D

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Cool track. Kinda reminds me of Mike Patton.

Have you ever heard of Melt Banana? Crazy Japanese metal band.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I saw Melt Banana open for Fantomas a few years ago. It was pretty cool. Too bad Locust was opening too. :dead: 30 second songs that sound alike one after another gets old, especially when the band is dressed in cow outfits.