Quantcast

Song of the Day (02Jun06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
today's song of the day is the kickoff to indie versions of metal/pop songs...a trend i hope you can get behind. Aztec Camera was started by a very young Roddy Frame, and part of Scotland's vaunted Postcard label roster...terms like 'boy genius' were routintely tossed Roddy's way, but that may have been in part to the normally hyperbole-driven/next-best-thing nature of the UK music press. i never did quite see past the vaguely James Taylor aspect of most of his work, though, but here's evidence that his sense of humo(u)r was fully intact, w/ this acoustic into raveup take of the classic VH song.

Jump

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Followed by the minutemens version of VH's "Ain't Talkin Bout Love"?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Narlus you old 40+ bastard, don't for a moment think that your SOTD threads aren't appreciated. They're all good of course and in December when I hit the road back home and I need some musical sustenance the SOTD's will be hit up for a travelling soundtrack par excellence. Good on ya mate.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i don't really like this track, but i really do like the progression at 0:50 or so:

c maj: ... I -- V - VI - III6 - I64 - V97/II - IV9- I6 - II--- IV -- III-- II---- IV -- III -- V ---...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Toshi said:
i don't really like this track, but i really do like the progression at 0:50 or so:

c maj: ... I -- V - VI - III6 - I64 - V97/II - IV9- I6 - II--- IV -- III-- II---- IV -- III -- V ---...

please... tell us more

personally i d love to see the whole 1st page of the lounge taken up with SotD...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
heh, i'm trying to do my part to achieve that goal :thumb: