Quantcast

Song of the Day (02May06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Camper Van Beethoven started out as the archetypical 'college radio' rock band, mainly due to the combination of laid-back vibes, gratuitous plundering of various ethnic music forms, their NorCal roots, and general, overall snarkiness. "Take the Skinheads Bowling" wrapped all these elements into a tidy, 3 minute parcel.

but they got more serious, and more proficient, as they made their way. Our Beloved Revolutionary Sweetheart, their major label debut for Virgin back in '89 or so, had patty hearst as it's semi-theme, and the sound is a lot more punched up too. chris pederson's drums in particular sounded great.

this languid, slightly melancholy track is from what was their final lp, until they reformed ~14 years later (singer david lowery may be familiar to w/ his work as Cracker

Borderline

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It was alright, didn't really excite me but I enjoyed the relaxed beat and I've always been a fan of violins in the background - loved some of the early Dave Matthews stuff when Boyd Tinsley was rocking out.

Maybe I'll snag a few more tracks and see if a different song grabs me more - it has potential. Thanks :thumb: