Quantcast

Song of the Day (04Aug06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
today's band won't pass the swear filter...needless to say, if you name your band F*ck you probably aren't too concerned w/ getting radio play or MTV coverage. that said, you'd think that a band which such a confrontational and unflinching name choice would be some extreme noise or metal band. nothing could be further from the truth...these guys make gentle, well-crafted indie pop and have been at it long enough for 6 or so records.

this one comes from their 1st or 2nd record, _baby loves a funny bunny_. it came in a matchbook-type sleeve w/ sticker and some other fun stuff in there. i recall another of their cds came in a box w/ some plastic toys...they don't mind clearing out their junk drawers at home and spreading the wealth.

i love the plaintive mood of this song. always a favorite.

swinger

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
plaintive is a nice way to put it. this was a much more pleasant listen than i expected given the band's name. and props to "guided by voices" for not trying to expand 3 chords into 5 minutes... i quite like the foo fighters track from a few days ago tho. good driving drums at the beginning. :thumb: