Quantcast

Song of the Day (05Aug06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
liz phair, the woman which the started thousands of indie rock fan erections...her frank lyrics discussing oral sex, coupled w/ her proclivity for nipple shots (and let's face it, overall hotness) turned the game upside down for indie rock fans not used to this sort of game used on their nerdy turf.

that said, for me her star burned quickly and ended quickly; the 1st record Exile in Guyville is probaby all you really need, and if the Girlysound demos you can find on the net sounded better, you might be able to do w/ just those. however, EiG is one of the more wellknown classics of its time, said to be a song-by-song answer to noted cocksman Jagger's career highpoint, but from a female perspective. can't say as i've ever paid that close attention; have i mention the nipples and blowjobs yet?

Stratford-on-Guy

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
she is hot, yes.

i kind of like the song, too. e min: I I6 iii6 V64 iiflat64 IV II/V V. definitely better than the usual pop fare :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i like the mood the lyrics evoke...nails the flight experience pretty well.

edit - google images will find some PG-13 material pretty easily, for the so-inclined...

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
narlus said:
i like the mood the lyrics evoke...nails the flight experience pretty well.

edit - google images will find some PG-13 material pretty easily, for the so-inclined...

Definitely my favorite Liz Phair song. One of a few songs that actually gives me goose bumps when I hear it. The image of the unearthy glow in the aircraft cabin is just great. Thanks as aways.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I've met her before, and seen her live.

Not a fan though. But when I did PR in the Marines, we'd do concerts on the base, and she was there one year. She performed an entire set with a guitar hanging off her shoulder, never strumming it the first time :rolleyes: She was nice though, but not that hot in person.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I've never seen her live but I've heard her live shows are hit or miss. Apparently she suffers from some sort of stage fright and can be kind of awkward.