Quantcast

Song of the Day (06Mar06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
today's song is one i'd imagine everyone is familiar w/ , but that just be my warped sense of the world. regardless, it is a cornerstone of rawk music, and comes from one of the greatest debut lps of all-time.

i wanna be yr dog

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Posted too late to give it a listen before I left this morning... I'll give it a shot at lunch today.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
narlus said:
today's song is one i'd imagine everyone is familiar w/ , but that just be my warped sense of the world. regardless, it is a cornerstone of rawk music, and comes from one of the greatest debut lps of all-time.
That single piano note just drives the song. Gives it an urgency.....
Great track. Plus, i don't think that there is ANY way they could make this one into a commercial for a cruise line. :rolleyes:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
narlus said:
i'm guessing that's the UT version?

you are foiling my evil plan. :devil:
Yeah, it is. No worries if you want me to delete it?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
no biggie, you can leave it up.

i was planning on doing "covers week" soon, and that was one selection. but there are a ton to choose from.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
DNA said:
Yeah, it is. No worries if you want me to delete it?
as it is it doesn't do any of us good, for it's a protected AAC file. if you want us to be able to listen to it, too, you need to burn it to a CD and then re-rip it (then reupload it to yousendit).

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Toshi said:
as it is it doesn't do any of us good, for it's a protected AAC file. if you want us to be able to listen to it, too, you need to burn it to a CD and then re-rip it (then reupload it to yousendit).
in that case, i will unveil it next week.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
N8 said:
Never heard them before today....
you've never heard The Stooges before today? you've at least heard "Search and Destroy" via a Nike ad at some point, i'd imagine. although ron asheton was gone, in place of james williamson at that point.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I had a fixed version back up briefly, but I'll leave it for you to post later.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
How did I miss this post? I have the new remix of the Stooges first album, and I also have a great live version from "The Crow" soundtrack, the one Iggy was in.

That version is super loud, even louder than the original.