Quantcast

Song of the Day (08SEP06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Ride were a shoegazer band (popular UK movement of the early 90s, so-called because the players wouldn't move around much, and as the gauzy, heavily-treated sounds pumped out, they'd stand head down, staring at the tops of their shoes) which really nailed the pop lessons that the Byrds taught back in the 60s. they released some essential EPs, and this is a track from one of them. ex-guitarist Andy Bell is currently enlisted as Oasis' bass player. hey, it pays the rent.

Like A Daydream

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
they were freakin' loud, live. saw 'em once and it was a very good show. much more energy than i was expecting.
it s good when ya hit a show like that... just spoke with a good mate of mine back in germany... he s a military spouse as well... into riding and rock music...

he hit a show recently in a-dam, the eagles of death metal and the strokes...

he was never a real big fan of the strokes (i think they rock) and he said it was a huge surprise... normally he s more into the heavier, tear the head off animals satan rock (manson, lamb of god, korn, slipknot) stuff... all of which i m not enthralled by... sure, slayer is something else :)... anyway, he was taken back by how heavy / loud / rockin the strokes guitar was... can t say that i m real surprised... have u seen them live narlus ?? i m keepin my eye open for their gigs... i m also keen to see the eagles of death etc, but i wasn t as stoked by their latest 'death by sexy' as i was with the older 'peace, love and death metal'...\

music rules