Quantcast

Song of the Day (09Mar06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
bust out the thick-laced adidas, yr Kangols and the thick gold rope-a-dope, it's time to head back for some old skool rap.

i don't know much about the Ultramagnetic MCs, but they did feature a certain Kool Keith who went on to much bigger and better things. still this is a prime kut of essential NYC rap.

Ego Trippin'

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The verses are fine, but rap has to have a good flow and the inane repetitions of "Ultra... magenetic, magnetic... MCs" really interrupted that and killed the song for me.

I like a lot of rap, but this one missed the mark for me.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I'll have to download it when I get home... I am not familliar at all with their stuff... this should be a good one :clue:

as for yesterdays selection... I am A huge fan... that could be my favorite to date!!! I listened to it over and over...although I am quite capable of talking about the beautiful use of dynamics, slightly subliminal lyrics, and minimalist approach to instrumentation that I loved, I think that Haunting is all that can be said... simply haunting...

I can feel the pain, the intensity is there... the tension is so wound-up... argh… I love it… reminds me of some of my days gone by…
:thumb:

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Excellent!
Narlus your killing it this week. UMC's are one of my favorite old school NYC rap acts.
You don't have the Funk Your Head Up or the Four Horsemen albums, do you?

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
narlus said:
i've got the _4 Horsemen_ but not the _Funk Up Yr Head_...maybe i will be on the lookout. :thumb:
So when you get the 2 discs I sent you - my address is in there. Perhaps you could send me a copy of 4 Horsemen?