Quantcast

Song of the Day (10May06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i don't really know much about these guys, except that they are from the PacNW, and like loud, long guitar songs. they did a ~35 minute version of Cortez The Killer on their live record, so that could be a strong hint about their leanings.

without further fanfare, i bring to you indie rock guitar hero Doug Martsch, of Built To Spill

I Would Hurt A Fly

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I like this song more than anything off their new record.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Better than the coffee this morning. Good choice. :thumb: Brings back memories of walking into a bar several years back in La Honda, CA- not only was there a biker wedding going on that kept buying rounds for the house, the music that evening was a Neil Young cover band called Lazy Horse complete with Neil looking singer in mutton chops. They were actually pretty good.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I really liked this track up until the last minute and a half of it which did absolutely nothing for me. The last little bit wasn't loud or angry enough to make me want to crank it up and scream obscenities, but it wasn't coherent and put together enough to make me want to listen to it.

Good track overall, though :thumb:

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Yay! Downloading anyway.

I've a ton of their stuff. Lately, they sound not so new and all, but I've always been a fan. They've been kicking around Seattle and environs for ages and are still going strong. This track is pretty damned old, but one of my favorites. Those that don't know them, look them up.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Another one of my favorite bands. A band with three guitar players that don't step on each others toes is a rarity in the egomanical world that is rock and roll.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
narlus said:
drive-by truckers. :thumb:

Better men than me that's for sure. I played in a few bands that had 3 guitarists. Practices were like drunken bar brawls. Not fun. None of them lasted long. Usually somebody got fired or quit long before anything got worked out. I wouldn't try it again.