Quantcast

Song of the Day (11Apr06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
blues is the fire which fuels rock...no matter how many bad 12 bar blues bands you stumble upon in some local bar, you instantly know the ones who get it right; channeling the power of giants like Son House, Robert Johnson and all the "Old Blind" guys (was there some sort of large industrial accident back in the day?). now today's choice, The Black Keys aren't covered in dust and mississippi silt; while familiar with the tradition, they aren't straitjacketed by it, bringing a raw energy (and more importantly, sound) which belies their duo status. who knew a drum set and guitar could sound so damn big?

Hard Row

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
narlus said:
blues is the fire which fuels rock...no matter how many bad 12 bar blues bands you stumble upon in some local bar, you instantly know the ones who get it right; channeling the power of giants like Son House, Robert Johnson and all the "Old Blind" guys (was there some sort of large industrial accident back in the day?). now today's choice, The Black Keys aren't covered in dust and mississippi silt; while familiar with the tradition, they aren't straitjacketed by it, bringing a raw energy (and more importantly, sound) which belies their duo status. who knew a drum set and guitar could sound so damn big?\
Excellent choice Narlus. These guys jam.
This track & Brooklyn Bound are my favorites from these guys.
I was also surprised to find out it was just 2 guys making all that sound.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I dig the BK... they are a relatively new band for me... I only heard them about a year ago... but they quickly made it into my regular circulation!!!

the vocalist has a great voice...

great choice :thumb: