Quantcast

Song of the Day (11May06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
this post by Westy prompted today's selection...though it's a repeat, Ween seemed like a solid choice in view of the Pink Floyd thread. much like their previous SotD selection ("Gabrielle") was strikingly reminiscent of Thin Lizzy, "Do You See Me" comes off eeriely close to a floyd tune.

at least i think so. don't think this is Ween's average song, though; they truly do have a chameleon's way about them. they really should have put a single consisting of "Tastes Good On The Bun" b/w "Big Fat F*ck" :D

Did You See Me?

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Yay Westy- most excellent. What would be really weird would be seeing that Ween picture on your box of corn flakes first thing in the morning.

After all the fun from yesterday's posts and all the new stuff happening around here maybe we could get a MUSIC FORUM added too? :cool:

Just a suggestion...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nice! After seeing Ween live last month I have to say they are the most ecclectic band I have ever seen. They played pretty much every genre of music imaginable besides hip hop. Country, reggae, calypso, lounge music........... and on, of course all with their own unique twist on things. They played a lot more heavy metal than I expected but there cover of Ace of Spades was awesome. It is really a shame people know them for that stupid daisy song.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
It is really a shame people know them for that stupid daisy song.
:stupid:

that turned me off to them for far too long, until some wise sage lent me _Chocolate and Cheese_.

btw, i forgot about the Jethro Tull rip in this song, just before the 4 minute mark...lifted straight from "To Cry You A Song".

:thumb:

spincrazy, the link may have hit its download limit.