Quantcast

Song of the Day (12Mar06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
today is a good day to put up a large file...18MB large. so obviously, it's a long song (with some non-essential prattle at the beginning, and some nonsense at the end).

most people know Pink Floyd as either the mega-arena stars of _The Wall_, or that band where the founding member fried his head out on heaping amounts acid. both phases of their career are interesting, but for my ears, i like the stuff from just post-Syd to pre-DSotM. this song was recorded live @ the Fillmore West in 1970, when they were working up ideas on what would become their best lp, _Meddle_. although this song didn't make it on that record, it would later surface on _More_, a soundtrack (also highly recommended is another soundtrack from the early 70s, _Obscured By Clouds_) and definitely presaged the ebb and flow of arguably their finest song, "Echoes".

Cymbaline

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
"This file has expired"

Anyway you could post this up again? I was at a race this weekend and didn't get a chance to DL it. I'm sure I would enjoy it.

Thanks!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
narlus said:
er, this is from March not May..., but i can get the file to you later on.

Sorry - I looked at the 'Similar links' for today's SOD and that came up. I knew I had missed the 12th of May so I just clicked without paying attention to the month.

Edit: that's pretty funny coming from the guy who posts 3 SotD's for May 12 on May 12th, May 13th and May 14th.