Quantcast

Song of the Day (13SEP06)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
better late than never...

this selection veers wildly away from the normal rock genre i typically throw up, and features the string trio i saw sunday, w/ uber-ubiquitous and multi-talented john zorn composing and conducting the trio (mark feldman on violin, greg cohen on bass, erik friedlander on cello). these guys can flat out play. very enjoyable.

Symnay

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
no, my shooting plans fell through in a bad way.

i was fairly pissed to see that the guy sitting next to me had a 30D w 24-70L ... talked to him after the show and i might do a review w/ his pics and pitch to a couple of sites.

amazing show nonetheless. after the show i got a chance to ask ribot when he's playing boston, and he said 'whenever they book me'. goddamn boston booking agents. :mad:

how was the Band of Horses show? i walked by webster hall before the Masada fest (you'll see a pic in a NYC pic thread i'll put up in a couple of days).

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
no, my shooting plans fell through in a bad way.

i was fairly pissed to see that the guy sitting next to me had a 30D w 24-70L ... talked to him after the show and i might do a review w/ his pics and pitch to a couple of sites.

amazing show nonetheless. after the show i got a chance to ask ribot when he's playing boston, and he said 'whenever they book me'. goddamn boston booking agents. :mad:

how was the Band of Horses show? i walked by webster hall before the Masada fest (you'll see a pic in a NYC pic thread i'll put up in a couple of days).
bummer. You were in NYC and not even an email??

Show was alright - not my most favorite. Seeing Fred Armisen guest drum on a song was pretty funny though. He was really into it. The sound wasn't all that. I'd not been to Webster before then, might not go back. The opening Canadian was pretty good - Chad Van Gaalen.

I just noticed that I'm missing Zero 7 this weekend ....

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey man, sorry about that. i was pretty pressed for time. didn't get home from the Radio Birdman show until after 2AM, so i grabbed about 6 hr of sleep, woke up, grabbed some food, packed and drove to NYC. didn't get into the city until after 3PM, and the show was at 8, so i spent some time walking around the village, lower east side, and chinatown before i headed uptown for the Masada show. left the following morning.

next time!